Garmin Edge not Uploading Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
Is it just me or whenever Garmin release new firmware do they fix one bug and create another?

The most recent update has fixed the brightness resetting to 100% after charging but then created an issue uploading. I now have to switch off my phone bluetooth then switch it back on for the 520 to upload.

I cant remember previous bugs, but they have been numerous, usually minor, but there has usually always been something.

huwsparky

Über Member
Is it just me or whenever Garmin release new firmware do they fix one bug and create another?

The most recent update has fixed the brightness resetting to 100% after charging but then created an issue uploading. I now have to switch off my phone bluetooth then switch it back on for the 520 to upload.

I cant remember previous bugs, but they have been numerous, usually minor, but there has usually always been something.
I agree, it's pretty buggy on the whole but there's no real alternative for me. Garmin don't seem to have proper competition in this sector.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got an Edge 810 running software: 6.10.0.0 which was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago and which has now stopped auto uploading rides. They're in there and can be manually uploaded, but they won't upload automatically like they used to do.
If it's a co-incidence I don't know, but I used to be able to access my contacts using Livetrack to email them a link, and that has stopped working too...although Livetrack works fine otherwise.
Phone is a Motorola G4 running Android, which had a recent operating system update (hmm.....)

Any ideas?

Tom B

Guru
Bad form to reply to oneself again, but Just thought another time when it was propperly sulking after a firmware update I had to delete my phone (and HRM) from the device and re-add for them to play nice again.

Top Bottom