Garmin Edge not Uploading Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
My 810 is really juppy with automatic uploads.

Initially I thought it might be because I'd started wearing a Huwawei Android Wear watch and something wasn't agreeing with that, the 810 and the Nexus 6p.

For some reason, the phone keeps disconnecting/reconnecting during a ride and it's bloody annoying. Thing is as everything else that can connect to the phone (watch, car, TV, headphones, Bluesound Node, Wahoo Rflct) do so perfectly and quite often simultaneously, I'm pretty damn sure it's the Garmin.

Otherwise, I rather like it.

Russell

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My garmin 810 will upload but have to go into the app and do it from there. Used to do it automatically but not from new, was after a couple of firmware updates but now its back to same. This is on iOS so might be phone related as that has had a few updates since. I should do a factory reset on the device and see if it cures issues. Always with any device in the past that had new firmware it was a recommendation to do a reset ?

Roaders

Über Member
I've been getting this for a while with my Edge 1000. I only have it connected with bluetooth. At the end of my ride it is still connected to my phone but intermittently doesn't upload the ride. It usually uploads it at the end of the day when I cycle home and I turn the computer back on. My rides always seem to upload at the start of the next ride, not the end of the ride.

:-(

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
My edge 1000 seems faultless again now , I hit end ride > save ride > when in range of my wifi > ride uploaded to my Strava account job done :smile:

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
My WiFi uploads work flawlessly, the issue is that I can't upload rides through my Android phone anymore. Suspicion is falling on my phone, but I just haven't been bothered so far to try installing the Mobile Connect App on a different phone to prove one way or another whether the fault lies with the phone or the device.

Despite me saying up thread that mine sorts itself out by just leaving it, Mrs T, who also has a Edge 810 now has this problem.

They started when she upgraded her phone from a iPhone 5c to a iPhone 6s.

Now it will not update via Bluetooth, it pairs with the iPhone but the software connect app wont talk to the Garmin.

It also wont now sync with the Garmin connect website via Express.

The only way to update her rides at the moment is to use the file import in Connect.

Anyone else got the problem?

Derek

Toffee, exactly the same with me, so exasperated I dont know where to turn. Edge 520, wont sync to Garmin express (all I get is a message "There was an error syncing with Garmin connect", so tyr to sync on th eApp in Iphone 6 and still same problem, cant get the unit to sync with anything ...did you get anywhere with this?

toffee

Guru
Toffee, exactly the same with me, so exasperated I dont know where to turn. Edge 520, wont sync to Garmin express (all I get is a message "There was an error syncing with Garmin connect", so tyr to sync on th eApp in Iphone 6 and still same problem, cant get the unit to sync with anything ...did you get anywhere with this?

Mrs T's works perfectly now, updates to the iPhone and Garmin seemed to have sorted it out.

Mine is now has is connection problems to my phone, an S4, and syncing is slow to Connect. I note though that it is telling me that an update to the firmware is available.

Derek

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

I've been off the bike for nearly 3 months with a prolapsed disc, but I noticed on the last few rides I did that my original problem had sorted itself out. I don't know whether it was an update to the Mobile Connect App or a firmware update to the Garmin Edge device that did the trick, but all was working again.

tobykenobi

Über Member
I've had loads of problems with my 810 and Bluetooth. Very erratic. I thought it might be to do with having a Windows Phone but I see from this and other forums that iPhone and Android users also get the issue.

I upload by attaching the device to my PC with the USB cable (need to charge it after a ride anyway) and opening the Garmin Express Windows desktop programme.

I see the Garmin Connect app has been updated recently so I'll give it another go.

tobykenobi

Über Member
all working fine now for me 810 and iPhone. Software updates on all devices appeared to have fixed this. Uploads every time now for me, only plug in to charge.

Tried the bluetooth connection with the updated Garmin app yesterday and it connected and synced to my Windows Phone with no problems. Time will tell, but this looks promising.

toffee

Guru
Anyone now getting problems with uploading an edge 810 via an iphone.

Mrs T's problems have now come back and it no longer uploads

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

I've been uploading rides from my Edge 1000 through my iPhone without any problems, the only thing though is that when you're at home you never can quite tell if the ride gets uploaded through the iPhone or the WIFi.

Top Bottom