Garmin Edge or Wahoo Element?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I have an Elment, happy with it.
Mapping seems okay so far' one issue is it gets a bit unclear going from tarmac to cycle tracks in the odd place, I put that down to maybe Open Mapping it uses...
I previously used a Polar 650 which was excellent but connection issues were doing me head in but an excellent tool if not large (I prefer to see something), still have it in a drawer.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I have owned a Garmin 200 since December 2004. Odometer is currently 32 miles out after the screen froze whilst saving my last ride. If it decides to play up again, I may reconsider another product. However, 1 'error' in almost 30,000 miles of otherwise faultless ride logging isnt a bad return though.

mgs315

You do if you want seamless PC free uploads to the device from rwgps etc or from the device to strava

I’ve not had a problem using Garmin Connect on my phone to do the same from RWGPS. Find a route I like? Within two minutes the 520 is powered up and synced with the new ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve not had a problem using Garmin Connect on my phone to do the same from RWGPS. Find a route I like? Within two minutes the 520 is powered up and synced with the new ride.
The poster I replied to has an 800. Device has to be attached to a PC. Presumably the newer 520 is Bluetooth enabled

Top Bottom