Garmin swim syncing to Strava no worky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
Dear Men / Women from Atlantis,

I hope you can help...

After a hiatus of about twenty years, or so, I decided it would be a good idea to start proper * swimming again. To really get me interested I thought "gadgets" and went out and bought a Garmin Swim watch.

Slightly nervous I went for my first swim this morning along with my new watch and obviously swimming trunks.

The Garmin Swim worked flawlessly. I had it displaying mainly time and total distance which was great. In the past I'd quite often lose count of the number of lengths I'd done but not with this gadget.

Into the cubical rushing and struggling to get dressed whilst still slightly wet as it is with swimming, I got home and duly proceded to upload the swim.

Everything went fine with it seamlessly uploading to Garmin via the Ant+ USB jobby. The data all there to view in Garmin connect.

The trouble is the swim will not / has not synced over from garmin to Strava?

If anyone else has experienced this and overcome it, I'd be really interested in how. I've searched online and as usual there is very limited information for the problem that I am searching for an answer to!

P.S. ....

Despite being on a huge dose of beta blockers and really bricking it about going what with the defib/pacemaker, I managed, all be it very slowly, 925m in about 46 minutes. First proper * swim in 20 yrs, dodgy ticker and I didn't die. I'm feeling quite pleased with myself at that.

* proper swim is not taking the kids when they were small for a splash about or a quick dip whilst on holiday to cool down.

vickster

Legendary Member
@screenman is a gadget assisted swimmer I believe

Tin Pot

Guru
Do try Garmin support. I've always found them very responsive. Not always helpful. mind, but they do respond and appear to try to help at least ;)
+1

And there are always sync issues popping up between systems.

I record mine with the Swim.com app and manually log mine into Strava.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Strange you say this, I had problems with syncing this mornings ride, normally Garmin syncs with Strava immediately, but this morning it took quite a few minutes. Actually I thought something had stopped working so did a manual upload, then they synced and so had 2 identical rides on Strava. Maybe the servers were busy so give it some more time?

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Thanks all, i'll get in touch with them (Garmin/Strava) tomorrow.

I've also done two short bike rides today and as always the Edge 520 uploads via the phone and is in strava even before the bike is put away.

Strange how the swim watch is not playing with strava. The data and telemetry in garmin connect is quite detailed.

huwsparky

Über Member
May sound silly, but have you checked that your Garmin and Strava accounts are linked? Maybe you inadvertently pressed a wrong button somewhere or something? Sometimes my watch takes longer than other times to sync but usually syncs to Taining Peaks and Starva simultaneously.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
May sound silly, but have you checked that your Garmin and Strava accounts are linked? Maybe you inadvertently pressed a wrong button somewhere or something? Sometimes my watch takes longer than other times to sync but usually syncs to Taining Peaks and Starva simultaneously.

As above, I also use a Garmin 520 bike comp and that has no issues. That blutooths to the phone and the phone uploads the ride. Works perfectly and ports almost instantly over to strava as well (including two rides today after the early morning swim).

huwsparky

Über Member
As above, I also use a Garmin 520 bike comp and that has no issues. That blutooths to the phone and the phone uploads the ride. Works perfectly and ports almost instantly over to strava as well (including two rides today after the early morning swim).
Didn't see your last post before commenting.

Pass from me, sounds an odd one.

Top Bottom