Gave up coffee ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Top 10 Caffeine Withdrawal Symptoms
Headache

A caffeine headache usually starts behind the eyes and then moves up the front of the head.
Sleepiness
This just isn’t your normal tiredness, this is sitting up straight but still can’t keep your eyes open tiredness.
Irritability
Everyone and everything gets on your last nerve. It’s best just to lock yourself in your room during this stage.
Lethargy
Forget about productivity at this stage because you’ll be unmotivated to do anything.
Constipation
Caffeine stimulates the bowel, so without its daily dose the colon gets a little cranky too.
Depression
Caffeine withdrawal can take away all hope for living. Temporary blues are one thing, but if you already struggle with depression this could be a big issue.
Muscle Pain/Stiffness
If you normally have some caffeine prior to exercise then during caffeine withdrawal you could feel as though your muscles have weights strapped to them.
Lack of Concentration
Forget school, studying, brain surgery, or jet engine repair during this stage of withdrawal.
Flu-like symptoms
Stuffy nose, blocked sinuses, and even vomiting have been reported by people withdrawing from caffeine.
Insomnia
Some people actually can’t sleep when going through caffeine withdrawal.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Top 10 Caffeine Withdrawal Symptoms
Headache

A caffeine headache usually starts behind the eyes and then moves up the front of the head.
Sleepiness
This just isn’t your normal tiredness, this is sitting up straight but still can’t keep your eyes open tiredness.
Irritability
Everyone and everything gets on your last nerve. It’s best just to lock yourself in your room during this stage.
Lethargy
Forget about productivity at this stage because you’ll be unmotivated to do anything.
Constipation
Caffeine stimulates the bowel, so without its daily dose the colon gets a little cranky too.
Depression
Caffeine withdrawal can take away all hope for living. Temporary blues are one thing, but if you already struggle with depression this could be a big issue.
Muscle Pain/Stiffness
If you normally have some caffeine prior to exercise then during caffeine withdrawal you could feel as though your muscles have weights strapped to them.
Lack of Concentration
Forget school, studying, brain surgery, or jet engine repair during this stage of withdrawal.
Flu-like symptoms
Stuffy nose, blocked sinuses, and even vomiting have been reported by people withdrawing from caffeine.
Insomnia
Some people actually can’t sleep when going through caffeine withdrawal.
Some research trials actually proved it was too painful for some people to give. On average it takes 9 weeks for withdrawal symptoms to fade.....9 farking weeks of hell.

stephec

Legendary Member
I usually have two double espressos a day.

One with breakfast, and one when I get home from work.

I can't drink filter or instant, too weak and watery.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Coffee_Addict_by_lilalillulu.png

Shift worker , i need not say anymore ;)

Katherine

Guru
I reduced the number of cups of coffee I drink in one day.
The hardest cup to give up was the second cup before I left the house in the morning which I stopped as one of my 2014 New Year resolutions and is one of the few resolutions that I haven't broken (after 14 months).

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I drink a lot of coffee. Always have. Decafinated coffee is just as bad if not worse for you, because of the amount of chemical processes the coffee has to go through to decafinate it.

i think I'd die if I didn't have any more coffee. And fresh coffee is the only way to go.:cuppa:

Booyaa

Veteran
I usually have two double espressos a day.

One with breakfast, and one when I get home from work.

I can't drink filter or instant, too weak and watery.

I am almost exactly the same as this. I have both in the morning though. Also agree that filter or instant is vile so don't touch it. same with the sludge that comes out of the machine at work.

I used to drink about 9 or 10 doubles a day but had a really bad seizure and fell down the escalator at the train station so cut back dramatically (and stopped smoking at the same time) so it was easy enough to do with that kind of kickstart.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Old wives tale - coffee has more caffeine than tea. Actually tea can have twice as much caffeine as coffee...true fact.

It does, yes...but tea leaves hold onto the caffeine better than coffee beans, so when you make a cuppa, you end up with more caffeine in your cup with a coffee...

I actually found cutting down on coffee harder than quitting smoking...or quitting anything else, for that matter. I got a chest cold, headaches, aching joints, huge irritability and I was sweating buckets for about a week or so. Used to drink about 10 mugs a day but cut down to 2...I've since added an afternoon cup of tea, a coffee once I've got the kids food ready in the evening and one at around 10pm, just so I can stay awake to edit things...found myself falling asleep at my computer lately. Oh, watch out with green teas as well...most also containe caffein, or they used to...fruit teas on the other hand, are mostly free...my fave is ginger & lemon with a teaspoon of sugar or honey to liven it up - ginger gives you a real kick.

On another note...I used to work in a tea bag factory, many, many moons ago...so I was a professional tea-bagger.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
oh, oh, oh...and here's a true fact about blends of tea...top insider information...if you buy tea from Harrods or Marks and Spencer...the really top end stuff....they used to use the exact same blend as the bottom of the range stuff you find in massive bags of supermarkets own brands...not sure if that's still the case...it has been a good 17 years or so since I worked in that factory. Them were the days :hyper:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Green tea contains more caffeine than Black tea and comes from the tea plant just the same, it is not some 'faddy' herbal infusion it is simply the way that tea is taken in China (which is where the tea plant originates from, Black or Indian tea is the new-fangled variety although that is 400 or so years old by now)

Top Bottom