Gave up coffee ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Was drinking far too much, maybe 6 or 7 mugs a day, possibly more.

Gave it up 2 days ago, haven't had a 'movement' since, in desperation I drank 2 coffees tonight, feel normal again but still no progress in the lav department!

This is not going well!!!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Wait until the headaches start. My advice.....taper off.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
How many is an ok amount to drink?

I normally had one first thing on an empty stomach. Not a good start.

When I got to work I'd have one with a colleague - I enjoy this one.

Then I'd just drink it all day. Digestive system had gone to sh*t! Boom!!

Might have one a day, see how that goes.

Was drinking far too much, maybe 6 or 7 mugs a day, possibly more.

Gave it up 2 days ago, haven't had a 'movement' since, in desperation I drank 2 coffees tonight, feel normal again but still no progress in the lav department!

This is not going well!!!
I recently stopped for a few weeks for various reasons and it does definitely upset the rhythm. Rhythm back now I'm drinking it again.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
300 mg of caffeine is the stated max every where....but actually the proper research shows that no one knows what the max is.

Personally I go by how bad my withdrawals are...headaches less than a few hours after a coffee and I know I need to curtail it.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
One in house, one at work, another when colleague got in and brewed up, so 3 by 9.

Depending on contact time, 3 or 4 during day. Then if working late (till 8) could be 3 between 4-8.

That's actually 10 - that's crazy!!!!

The rhythm is gonnae get me!!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am not drinking regular tea at the moment as I can't drink it black xx( so I have a cup of regular coffee first thing. I sometimes have a 2nd cup but then have decaff. The Millicano decaff is rather nice. Have you tried just having 1 or 2 coffees and then switching to unleaded?

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Unleaded is just as bad on the digestion system.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I switched from strong black coffee as my regular cuppa to green tea and I feel much better for it, the strange thing is green tea contains pretty much the same amount of caffeine. (I don't like milk)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm a pot of tea first man. It's got caffeine in it but it doesn't dehydrate. A couple of hours later and I'm ready for a couple of mugs of coffee from the cafétière. It keeps me going until the 2nd teatime pot of tea.

andyfraser

Über Member
I have a large mug of coffee first thing then drink tea, the occasional Pepsi Max and ovaltine at bed time. My coffee machine has a timer so my coffee's ready when I get up. I used to drink way more coffee but have managed to cut back.

Top Bottom