Gaz down in Streatham - II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Only just saw this - best wishes and hope the recovery is quick. At least you can say you have had the same injury as Bradley Wiggins... good company to be in!

Dronespace

Regular
Just an update.
I've got to have an operation tomorrow on it!

Good luck with the operation Gaz. Hope it goes well.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Thanks to everyone for the wishes. I'm finally out of the bed and sitting in a chair, still sore and in lots of discomfort.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Just got round to looking at the bike, quite a while after the crash.
It came off a lot better than me with only a few scratches

Scratch on the down tube between the R and the S, not easily visible in the picture but can definitely feel it. There is also some damage to my carradice saddle bag.
5994035970_940ef0b990_b.jpg

5993477975_cd0c925da4_b.jpg

My camera took some pretty heavy damage, it's squashed, bent and deeply scratched with most of the battery support and toggles inside broken.
5981104527_687b1f3b7c_b.jpg

5981103003_3c4c0b3757_b.jpg

5981080895_0af0472f37_b.jpg

The camera was ripped off the helmet mount
5981639406_36f5226c47_b.jpg

And then my clavicle after 11 days, the day before surgery.
5994013407_2913dfab11_b.jpg

BSRU

A Human Being
The camera was ripped off the helmet mount
5981639406_36f5226c47_b.jpg

One question Gaz, I see you have a lanyard on the mount, did you have one on the camera as well. I don't have one on the mount as I use 4 heavy duty zip ties to hold it place but have two lanyards on the camera.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
One question Gaz, I see you have a lanyard on the mount, did you have one on the camera as well. I don't have one on the mount as I use 4 heavy duty zip ties to hold it place but have two lanyards on the camera.
It wasn't attached to the camera as well.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 1444064"]
Get well soon. I have respect for your silly cyclists website as well. We recently had a Sustrans thing at work which some people opted for and as a result a few people started to ride to work. I mentioned your site as a great tool of what to look out for when out on the road. You give a good narrative on the checks you should be carrying out and what potential pitfalls to look out for. Keep up the good work.
[/quote]

The amazing thing about the silly cyclist web site is the shear number of cyclists on the roads in the video clips, I'm in Coventry and commute to Nuneaton and rarely see another cyclist. Even when I was living the other side of the city, not far from the university, there wasn't a huge number of cyclists about.

Gaz hows the recovery going?

Top Bottom