Gears can't get them just right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeymustard

Veteran
@mikeymustard should have said what I mean. I've numbered them from the front so 1 is the smallest.
sorry I'm having a comprehension crisis! Have you had your free adjustment check from the bike shop yet?

mikeymustard

Veteran
Doubtful as not local but could take it elsewhere
ah I see! A quick op stalk (sorry @tom73 :smile:) and I see you've got a ribble. Gear adjustment can be very frustrating, obviously the more cogs you squeeze on a freehub the more sensitive the system is to misalignment, were the gears working ok before you had your off? I would assume ribble had everything correct when they set up your bike, so any cable settlement should only require a tweak. Realistically there's not much point in trying to sort the front out until you've got rear properly aligned, if it was me in this situation I'd start cultivating a relationship with your lbs or a knowledgeable (and well-tooled) friend at this point. I know you want to learn how to look after your new love but this might be a time to accept some help!

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
ah I see! A quick op stalk (sorry @tom73 :smile:) and I see you've got a ribble. Gear adjustment can be very frustrating, obviously the more cogs you squeeze on a freehub the more sensitive the system is to misalignment, were the gears working ok before you had your off? I would assume ribble had everything correct when they set up your bike, so any cable settlement should only require a tweak. Realistically there's not much point in trying to sort the front out until you've got rear properly aligned, if it was me in this situation I'd start cultivating a relationship with your lbs or a knowledgeable (and well-tooled) friend at this point. I know you want to learn how to look after your new love but this might be a time to accept some help!

Yes running sweet as though they did feel they needed a fine tune in the last few weeks as the miles built up.

Yes I know i’d already made my mind up. Can’t fix every thing even if you know how bikes just like most in that score. :smile: I was just wondering if someone who knows had a trick or two I was lacking. ;)

I’ve already found a shop to take it to and let them see what the issue is.

Any way not a total loss I did sort the brake with no help. Been a few years since I last got near one

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Right called in the LBS this morning they've not much on in the workshop. So told just bring it and it will be ready later today :wahhey:
So quick pit stop at home then short ride to shop. 1st ride in nearly 2 weeks can't wait if all go's to plan can give her a good old spin this evening plus get to test out my new element too. Monday is looking good. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom