German wings 4U 9525

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
The only people who could give a genuine account of what happened in the final minutes are the passengers and crew unfortunately.

I don't know, I wasn't there nor am I familiar with the layout of this or other aircraft (not a flyer) as to how visible/audible the pilots actions would be. I'm simply responding to the news reports that have said that the screaming didn't become apparent on the flight recorder until shortly before the impact.
I was on a A320 recently. seats are 3 either side of the aisle. Don't know if that airline has a business section as it's a budget airline, but they are generally curtained off from the rabble in the main part of the cabin after take-off.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You can put a cabin attendant in the flight deck whilst one pilot takes a break but if the pilot remaining at the controls has malicious intent, it will have zero effect. A competent pilot with malicious intent could have the wings off before you could say "knife".
The purpose of a second person on the flight deck at all times would be to open the door should the pilot or co pilot refuse to do so.

Either way, the people in the first few rows or people with aisle seats all the way down would have been able to see the captain trying to regain access to his flight deck.
With 150 people on it, it looks to have been about full or very close to it anyway, so yes, it would have been apparent there was a problem.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Suicidal people are sometimes very rational and if you tried to argue with them they could probably convince you that in their own specific case self destruction is the only logical action.
In other people their depression is so severe that they believe that the whole world is such a crap place that wiping out other people as well as yourself is a reasonable action. This type of view is often what motivates mothers to kill their children when they take their own lives. The motivation in such cases is not evil, it is in its own way an act of kindness from the warped perspective of severe depression. Yet another type of suicide is the rage filled loss of control and filled with hatred act of taking people with you...... In this case we may never know the real reason behind the act - but suicide is a very complex issue and it is wrong to assume that anyone that takes other lives with their own was inherently evil.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I can't help but see a plane full of victims. If Andreas Lubick had felt able to get the help he evidently needed, then... Well, it doesn't matter. Idle speculation won't get us anywhere. I hope that all the families involved can find peace.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The father of a friend I knew as a teenager was a Scotsman who was a very senior person in a merchant bank which did much business in the Far East. He was not a man known for exaggeration or embellishing a story. He told his son that, in the mid Sixties, he was flying First Class with Air France from Singapore to London. He was the only First Class passenger. As the evening meal was being served, the pilot, engineer etc left the plane on autopilot and came back to eat and flirt with the cabin crew. Unfortunately, on their return, they discovered that they had locked themselves out of the cockpit. They smashed the door down with an axe.
The whole incident was only witnessed by one passenger. Air France completely denied the event when he wrote to report it.

So many views re "reasons" being identified by the media - relationship problems, mental health problems, eyesight problems.

Has nobody been able to find a picture of him walking past a mosque yet?

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 3614575, member: 45"]It's been reported that he spoke to his girlfriend about the whole world coming to know him.[/QUOTE]

It's not much of a report though. For someone to say a year ago that one day everyone will know their name, well hasn't everyone ambitious said that at some point in their life.

I feel that facts are being selectively found to fit the theory.

Top Bottom