Get rich quick adverts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A chap I used to work with never did the lottery, he did however used to pick numbers and then watch the draw to see if he would have won :wacko:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Nope. The media around a huge win gets much more people buying tickets meaning greater prize money and greater donations to good causes.

But why not 2 x 35 or 4 x 17.5?

All massive wins in their own right. The issue is that for almost everyone, once you win above a certain amount it makes no difference to how you live your life. There's plenty of evidence that massive wins don't have a long-lasting effect on ticket purchases so why not spread the lurve?

But why not 2 x 35 or 4 x 17.5?

All massive wins in their own right. The issue is that for almost everyone, once you win above a certain amount it makes no difference to how you live your life. There's plenty of evidence that massive wins don't have a long-lasting effect on ticket purchases so why not spread the lurve?
Lottery isn't about the reality but the dream. When it gets big, it makes all the news and people start talking, even writing threads on CC about it.

I entirely think you are correct that in reality it makes no difference, but reality has little to do with lottery hype, hence the massive rollovers.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I can do you a drive with a free patio and 55% off!!!!
Only 25k for 100 m2..usual price 60k..and free fitting..

i love the lottery and ive had over 300 quid off premium bonds in 4 yrs with 5k..so beats savings intrest.
had 5 numbers on the lottery giving me 1150 ish in 08..and loads of 3 and 4 hits..by this time next year Rodders ....

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The Premium Bonds prize fund is set to 1.5% of the total fund so that's what you'd expect to get over time as a return.... but people dream of the big one...

Says who? Having £70 million would mean I could help a lot more of my favourite causes than if I only had £1 million.
Wonder how well some good causes actually do from donations given by winners to their favoured charities in addition to the funding given directly by the National Lottery.

The Premium Bonds prize fund is set to 1.5% of the total fund so that's what you'd expect to get over time as a return.... but people dream of the big one...
Really? I thought it was the base rate, ie 0.5% currently.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I belong to two syndicates at work. Its difficult not to join if your team run one, what would it be like if they won the jackpot and you weren't in it?:ohmy:

A lad I went to school with in Ellesmere Port did just that. He'd been in a syndicate for ages, pulled out, and within a couple of months the others were £2000,000 and a bit richer!

Lullabelle

Banana
I belong to two syndicates at work. Its difficult not to join if your team run one, what would it be like if they won the jackpot and you weren't in it?:ohmy:

There are quite a few at our place, we are in non of them. Every time there is a 'biggie' lottery fever goes wild and I am always told that I will be in the office all on my own Monday morning because they are going to win :hyper:

Monday morning they shuffle in heads down and lottery not mentioned :laugh:

Top Bottom