Getting aero on a budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
suzeworld

suzeworld

Veteran
We live near Chester. So close to lots of major cities in the Midlands and Northwest
I don’t know how far we’re willing to travel. I just wondered how you even start looking for this level of expertise.

OP
OP
suzeworld

suzeworld

Veteran
Well!
We actually won a prize!
Granted it’s because we were the ONLY female pair in this 2up @ Rainford this weekend, but hey!

My missis reckons it will probably the highlight of our competitive cycling career, but what a hoot to see yr name on the winning side, right next to Keith Boardman! He was so chatty and funny too, before and after. I think I’ve got the bug for these events.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
We live near Chester. So close to lots of major cities in the Midlands and Northwest
I don’t know how far we’re willing to travel. I just wondered how you even start looking for this level of expertise.
Find your own position and keep having fun . Bike fits are for people that like telling people they have had a bike fit :laugh:
Going faster is testing your kit and finding out what is faster . Same hill , no speed and free wheel down it . Boring but it works ...... ish .

si_c

Guru
Find your own position and keep having fun . Bike fits are for people that like telling people they have had a bike fit :laugh:
Going faster is testing your kit and finding out what is faster . Same hill , no speed and free wheel down it . Boring but it works ...... ish .

Pretty much what I do, keep tweaking, do a long ride, see how it feels, if it feels better keep it, if not change back. Make lots of small changes rather than big ones.

OP
OP
suzeworld

suzeworld

Veteran

Hiya:
Updates for anyone who’s shared this journey.

At our club awards evening last night I was awarded “most improved rider” and my missis got the trophy for best female TT time in the club. She also got a silver medal for a “women’s standard time”.

Missis is now working towards doing a 24 hour thing. My role in that will be entirely as support.

Last edited:
Top Bottom