Getting back from JOG to civilisation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If we do this ride we have no idea when we will finish it and so cannot plan ahead.

I have worked out how to get us and the bikes from Denmark to Lands End. The bit in the middle we will play by Ear. I need to work out how to get back to Edinburgh airport without Breaking the bank.

Any suggestions as I start my research?

Cycle

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We dont want to bike back to Inverness. It will add 2 days and we have limited time. I have looked for van hire from JOG but cannot find one. There would be 2 riders and 2 bikes.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
We dont want to bike back to Inverness. It will add 2 days and we have limited time. I have looked for van hire from JOG but cannot find one. There would be 2 riders and 2 bikes.
I think a taxi from jog to Inverness and either a flight or train, or hire van home.

You may be able to hire a van from Thurso, it's only up the road from JOG. Maybe two hours away by cycle.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Flights from Wick are all about £100 each without the bikes. I have not found a one way van hire from anywhere up North. The bike transporter looks the best bet at the minute.

theloafer

Legendary Member
Flights from Wick are all about £100 each without the bikes. I have not found a one way van hire from anywhere up North. The bike transporter looks the best bet at the minute.

europecar are at wick airport drop of at inverness rail station
https://www.europcar.co.uk/locations/uk

andyt414

If we do this ride we have no idea when we will finish it and so cannot plan ahead.

I have worked out how to get us and the bikes from Denmark to Lands End. The bit in the middle we will play by Ear. I need to work out how to get back to Edinburgh airport without Breaking the bank.

Any suggestions as I start my research?
Highland bike transport. Superb set up, collect you and your bike and convey you to Inverness, easy connection to Edinburgh....

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom