Getting Dis-heartened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
At the risk of contaminating this thread by making it commercial; I'm selling the bike that got me into road cycling for a ONO price, it's this thread HERE

It's a nice solid bike and because it's not a spindly racer it might be a nice way to ease yourself into cycling.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

l
At the risk of contaminating this thread by making it commercial; I'm selling the bike that got me into road cycling for a ONO price, it's this thread HERE

It's a nice solid bike and because it's not a spindly racer it might be a nice way to ease yourself into cycling.
Not really suitable for what i'm after, i want a more rugged Bike. Cheers tho :thumbsup:

Sandra6

Veteran
I'm 39 and only started cycling last year when I was a good stone heavier than I am now too. I was like you, worried about what people would say and if they'd stare -and laugh! - they don't! And you'll be having too much fun to notice if they do.
If your budget stretches why not get a second hand trailer to pop the little uns in and take them along?
I hope you get on your bike soon.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I'm 39 and only started cycling last year when I was a good stone heavier than I am now too. I was like you, worried about what people would say and if they'd stare -and laugh! - they don't! And you'll be having too much fun to notice if they do.
If your budget stretches why not get a second hand trailer to pop the little uns in and take them along?
I hope you get on your bike soon.
Cheers, But no, the idea is to escape the little uns! hahaha!.Good idea tho.

defy-one

Gaz, how tall are you. I have a Giant Rock MTB with slicks I'm about to sell on eBay. PM me if you're interested. Would suit a rider between 5ft 4' and 5ft 9'
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345029999.750049.jpg

It has slicks on and I'll be giving the off road knobblies away with it. Gives the new owner the choice of terrain.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Gaz, how tall are you. I have a Giant Rock MTB with slicks I'm about to sell on eBay. PM me if you're interested. Would suit a rider between 5ft 4' and 5ft 9'
View attachment 11726

It has slicks on and I'll be giving the off road knobblies away with it. Gives the new owner the choice of terrain.
Not sure how to PM you?

David Garside

I gave up smoking just before I was 30 (27 years ago) after smoking for 15 years (half my life) It's worth all the effort so stick at it. I find after running for several years and feeling that knee problems are starting to show, I'm rekindling my love of cycling (which I had until I got a motorbike at 16). I'm itching to get out there but my working hours are getting in the way a bit....maybe a lottery win will come my way soon lol....:laugh:

Peteaud

Veteran
Nothing wrong with "cheap" or 2nd hand mountain bikes.

I see plenty of good useable MTB for road use on the bay of fleas, sometimes at less than £50

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
My first touring bike was a cheap old steel MTB. I rode round North Yorks in 4 days on it, then round the Netherlands in just over a week. My favourite time of year for riding is coming up - autumn and winter - cool crisp days, and dark nights and mornings. I get the lanes almost to myself, and just love riding in the dark. Just get out and ride. Join a club if you feel like it, but you don't have to. Do the riding for your own motive, be that sport, fitness, weight loss, lifestyle, commuting etc or a mixture of all of them. The main thing is just ride.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

My first touring bike was a cheap old steel MTB. I rode round North Yorks in 4 days on it, then round the Netherlands in just over a week. My favourite time of year for riding is coming up - autumn and winter - cool crisp days, and dark nights and mornings. I get the lanes almost to myself, and just love riding in the dark. Just get out and ride. Join a club if you feel like it, but you don't have to. Do the riding for your own motive, be that sport, fitness, weight loss, lifestyle, commuting etc or a mixture of all of them. The main thing is just ride.
I'm at the stage now where i'm not arsed about the Bike, i just want to get out there. Get some air in my lungs and grazes and my knees! lol, So a shitty old Steel mountain bike will suffice!!

Top Bottom