Getting old!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My practice nurse told me the surgery considers 80+ old. Today 5 mile walk, hour in the gym, two hours splitting logs. Most weeks 150-180 miles with around 12,000 feet climbing, 20 miles walking, one hour stretching each morning, 10-20 hours week on the allotment. Lost 20 pounds in the last year and fitter than ever.

I’m 63.

What is it with young people today?

Last edited:

stalagmike

Enormous member
My practice nurse told me the surgery considers 80+ old. Today 5 mile walk, hour in the gym, two hours splitting logs. Most weeks 150-180 miles with around 12,000 feet climbing, 20 miles walking, one hour stretching each morning, 10-20 hours week on the allotment. Lost 20 pounds in the last year and fitter than ever.

I’m 63.

What is it with young people today?
I am 40. I'd love to be able to do what you do. But with work and two kids under ten I've barely time to scratch my own arse let alone spend time on the allotment.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
What's with all these guys in their 40s and 50s whinging about feeling old?
You should be in your prime at that age.
Kids, eh?!:rolleyes:
Well sitting here in my late 50s with Arthritis in my knees a non union fracture in my left collarbone and a ruddy great pin holding my leg together I don't really feel in my prime. :tongue:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I am 40. I'd love to be able to do what you do. But with work and two kids under ten I've barely time to scratch my own arse let alone spend time on the allotment.

I’m sorry I must have appeared critical though it wasn’t my intention. My wife and I worked full time while raising three kids, one with SLD, so I do understand the pressures and lack of “me time.”

I tried, badly, to make the point old, for most of us, is a long way off. With the right mindset and keeping healthy there is a great deal to look forward to in later life. In my circle we all know we’re getting older but are determined to be as young as we can for as long as possible.

There are two choices as one hits 60+ become old or enjoy the freedom which comes after the joy, stress and strain of raising a family.

Good luck with it!!

Three truths about turning 40.

1. You suddenly start growing an alarming amount of nasal hair

That reminded me of the episode of Bottom where Eddie pulls out Richie's nasal hair.:laugh:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuCa_texW_0

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Three truths about turning 40.

1. You suddenly start growing an alarming amount of nasal hair
2. Your hangovers last all weekend
3. I forgot the third one

I’m closing on 50 now so no doubt a few more pleasures in store...

At 54 this year, I am continually trimming the blasted stuff. What does my body know that I don't and needs an alarming amount of nose hair to cope with it????.

Ciar

Veteran
Since the middle of last year and turning 46, i have developed the family curse of gout! this is after cutting right back on Alcohol personal choice months before the gout attacked ;-)

as for aches and pains i am with all the other 40 something's and above, it's proper kicked in this year, having to stretch when i get out of bed as i ache, stretch more and more after cycling and even taken up Yoga. as for the grey that's much more noticeable as well, but i reckon that's being caused by my 5 year old daughter "loves a drama" and my 2 year old "you name it she is into it" to the point of danger!

Top Bottom