Giant conduct brake cable adjust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamangler

Veteran
Is anyone familar with the cable/hydraulic hybrid system on giant bikes?

All I want to do is tighter the cable to the master cycling to reduce lever travel.

I've got some sort of manual with it which tells you what screw to supposedly loosen but nothing happens. I've tried a few screws and had a play but can't find anyway to loosen the cable.

Anyone any ideas? Can't find much info online

Cheers

Winchuff

I'm not happy with the lever travel either, and will be trying a hydraulic bleed using Tektro-specific bleed kit.

I've heard it is compatible.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Is anyone familar with the cable/hydraulic hybrid system on giant bikes?

All I want to do is tighter the cable to the master cycling to reduce lever travel.

I've got some sort of manual with it which tells you what screw to supposedly loosen but nothing happens. I've tried a few screws and had a play but can't find anyway to loosen the cable.

Anyone any ideas? Can't find much info online

Cheers

One of the reasons that stopped me buying a Giant with these brakes on.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - these Conduct brake queries have only recently started appearing on CC and I don't think the knowledge base is that deep.

Maybe speak to a Giant dealer?

OP
OP
adamangler

adamangler

Veteran
Ive managed to suss it.

It wasnt that difficult at all but not obvious if you dont know where you are looking.

To adjust the cable you need to spin the barrel round that sits inside the housing to reveal a grub screw.... if you squint you can make out a slot on the back of the housing that the grub screw is accessible through

Top Bottom