Giant Defy 3 (2010) broken crankarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kasioris5

Regular
Hello, all lovely people. I have some serious issue that's been going for a while now. My Giant Defy 3 (2010) left crankarm is indeed broken. It was good until I removed the whole crankset from the bike and I had to use a great amount of force to untighten left crankarm since it uses hex key in the middle. Now, every time I screw the crankarm back in, it untightens after a few kilometers. I believe that my crankarm's thread has been damaged and it lacks a serious amount of metal, that's why it untightens after a short distance. Can someone help me out to find an exact same crankset to buy, and in a perfect case, maybe just the left crankarm? Call me a retard, but I can't seem to find the exact model of my crankset on the internet. I believe it's FSA Omega Mega Exo as it tells on the manufacturer's page https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/defy-3-2010
Anyway, I'll include some photos and video so you guys can get a better hint of what I'm talking about :smile: c9f61f43d84c483093a56eafe6b8da38948.jpg
3009274317daa0046d0bb797ffa82135513.jpg

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
You do know to loosen the two smaller bolts holding the crank arm onto the axle before undoing the cap on the outer face of the arm ?

I'd imagine you need a complete new crankset because I'd guess that the axle is damaged.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
You only mention the central hex bolt and not the other two side bolts. The side bolts do alot of the retaining. I have a 2009 Defy and there are a multitude of replacements you can get. I will try and point you to some for sale. Your best bet is a complete crankset.

Top Bottom