Giant Defy Standard Tyre Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RegG

Über Member
Thanks for the clarification, I now see that the tyres are PR-3's. The reason for the spare wheel is because I have a turbo trainer and my old bike had an indoor 'trainer' tyre fitted. I was going to fit the 'indoor' tyre to a spare wheel so that I can quickly and easily change wheels for outdoor use. The old wheel is a 6 speed freewheel, wheras the new bike is a 11 speed cassette, so they are not compatable.

Can I suggest that, rather than buying just one rear wheel to use on the turbo trainer, you consider upgrading the wheels on your bike and using the original(s) on the turbo trainer and retain just in case you sell the bike. Wheels are generally considered to be the first worthwhile upgrade from the stock wheels. Keep an eye on the likes of Merlin who have wheel/tyre deals most of the time.

Jody

Stubborn git
Daft question but how do you know when road tyres are wearing out. Other than the obvious signs of the chords showing. The standard Giant tyres don't seem to have any wear markers on them.

RegG

Über Member
Daft question but how do you know when road tyres are wearing out. Other than the obvious signs of the chords showing. The standard Giant tyres don't seem to have any wear markers on them.

Mine didn't so much as wear out but they did seem to be getting a lot of small cuts in them so rather than risk any problems out on a ride I swapped them for new tyres. As you say, there doesn't seem to be any wear markers.......

Top Bottom