Giant Escape 1 Disc Handlebar Height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
remfanuk

remfanuk

ah...i think i see what you mean. i was trying to put A inside B to start with but it wouldn't fit in the steerer tube. given that A is shouldered i can see how it being pulled by C up through A would work as the design lends itself to that action. thanks guys...you may well have solved it...will try tomorrow and let you know.

OP
OP
remfanuk

remfanuk

ok...nearly there...sure you will all breathe a sigh of relief when i get it sorted.

in terms of riding comfort i think i am just about there on the quick pedal around the garden. however, there is some rocking of the steerer tube when i use the front brake. i wondered if i needed to take a spacer ring out to make the rocking go but that did nothing.

the photos show that above the bearing is a seal which only goes so far into the bearing but has a split into it, suggesting that it is squeezed so that it fits in the bearing assembly and will then expand keeping it in place. then there is a washer that sits upon the seal before what i presume is a dust cap which has a rubber lip which i think goes between the bearing and steerer tube which would then be able to be pushed down removing any slack/rocking. i cannot get this dust cap in and don't want to bugger it up. do i need a special bearing/seal driver to push it home?

again, thanks guys for helping me out...i might actually get to ride this bloody bike soon! :smile:

Attachments

• thumbnail (5).jpeg
    thumbnail (5).jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 32
  • thumbnail (4).jpeg
    thumbnail (4).jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 33
  • thumbnail (3).jpeg
    thumbnail (3).jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 33
  • thumbnail (2).jpeg
    thumbnail (2).jpeg