Giant Escape.......some questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Going for a weeks cycling at Pollensa, Majorca (with a mate).
I was going to hire a Giant road bike but notice they also do the Escape so I may go for that.
I suffer with neck pains after 35ish miles and I imagine the Escape will be more relaxed/upright.
Any thoughts ??

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not go to Giant in Liverpool and sit on one?

vickster

Legendary Member
I can do that but its a 40 mile round trip.
There is also a Giant shop not too far away.
But I think CC is great way of advice from actual owners
But we’re all different. What I find upright, you might not. You could compare the geometry on the Giant site too, look at the headtubw, stack height for starters

And 40 miles? A nice morning out on the bike...you are retired after all get out at 8 you’ll be home in time for lunch and your afternoon nap

Slick

Guru
But we’re all different. What I find upright, you might not. You could compare the geometry on the Giant site too, look at the headtubw, stack height for starters

And 40 miles? A nice morning out on the bike...you are retired after all get out at 8 you’ll be home in time for lunch and your afternoon nap
Not sure the last crack is very helpful, but who am I.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

Slightly condescending from you vickster. Not like you.
I didnt ask what I am capable of, I asked if anyone has experience of a Giant Escape.

mustang1

Guru
I think stock with what you're accustomed to while on holiday as it'll be less too stress about.

Weston7610

I rode a giant escape 3 from the north of France to the south of Spain a few years back.
couldn't fault the bike at all. had no problems and it was a comfortable ride.

Top Bottom