Giant Peloton SS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all, new to this forum and new to SS. Got a hold of my dad's old aluminium giant peloton 8200 9 speed frame and was introduced to singlespeed by my cousin. Slowly been converting it as can be seen by the pictures below. Being a vertical dropout it needs a tensioner which is on its way. Ordered a shimano alfine and discovered that it could also assist a two speed option (which I'm sure true SS's will frown upon), anyways here it is so far :smile:. (One picture along side my cousins old steel frame singlespeed!)
Cheers!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Andrew1971

Veteran
She will look good when finished:smile:

Yep that's the idea!
39/18 = 56.9" & 53/18 = 77.3"
Once I'm used to them I'll change the rear cog to a 16T to make the small chainring a good all rounder for my hilly commute then the large chainring to blitz the straights!

Andrew1971

Veteran
As long as the chain does not come off while pedaling. How much clearance is there between the frame and chain rings.
Just thinking may be be able to get a smaller bottom bracket bearing to bring the chain ring closer to the frame so chain
is more in line with big ring:smile:
Andrew

As long as the chain does not come off while pedaling. How much clearance is there between the frame and chain rings.
Just thinking may be be able to get a smaller bottom bracket bearing to bring the chain ring closer to the frame so chain
is more in line with big ring:smile:
Andrew

Cheers for the info!

Got a cheap set of pedals on it to test it out. Chain stays on when on the 53T chain ring, the tensioner definitely helps but it definitely runs smoother on the 39T as the chain line is pretty straight! Only a few mm's I think from the 53T chain ring to the chain stay so a little but not much movement there!

Seat stem ordered and ill use my dad's old seat for the time being! I have about 8mm from the big chainring and about 4mm from the small chainring. Would this allow for said smaller BB bearing? Probably will be easier just to get a new chainset, current one is probably pretty knackered anyways!

Last edited:
Top Bottom