giant sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
http://www.rutlandcycling.com/28111...currency=GBP&gclid=CMyYpZb4_L8CFVHKtAodjRAAfw
Assuming this is the bike, there is a size guide at the bottom of page.
Yep thats the one but in blue and not from ruthland either, £100 quid cheaper there also,(feeling sick) size guide shows medium/large for me but without boots im under 5 11 so it shows medium
Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
I found the medium defy way too big compared to the avail. Might have simply been the 120mm, vs 90 stem and the wider bars. I think the 2012 medium avail is measured as a 50cm

Oh and I'm 5'9 and a half :whistle:

Cancel the large, get a medium or m/l. Shouldn't be an issue if ordered online

Last edited:

jnrmczip

Evening all, ive just ordered a defy 1 blind as I was unable to go and have a test fit, I thought I had done my research quite well but now I am doubting it a bit re size wise
Im 5 11 and have gone for the large frame which "should fit"however on reading an article after ordering (allways the case) im wondering if I should have went with the medium frame size
I may have the opportunity to change the order first thing in the morning so just throwing it out there for someone in the know to share their knowledge
I was riding a 56 allez up until a few monts ago if that is relevant and it was a nice fit
Thanks
Vinny
I am 5'10 and I am a medium to large size medium was to small and large was to big so in between was most comfy.

jnrmczip

I am 5'10 and I am a medium to large size medium was to small and large was to big so in between was most comfy.
P's I own a giant defy 5. Not sure if all ranges are made same but hopefully this helps

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
Just an update, spoke with shop, very helpful, asked height, leg measurements etc, advised me to go with either medium which would be close to top end or medium large which would be below mid range on bike setup, I have changed to the medium frame as I dont think im going to be getting taller and they didnt have ml In the colour I wanted
Thanks for the replies

Cyclist33

Just an update, spoke with shop, very helpful, asked height, leg measurements etc, advised me to go with either medium which would be close to top end or medium large which would be below mid range on bike setup, I have changed to the medium frame as I dont think im going to be getting taller and they didnt have ml In the colour I wanted
Thanks for the replies

I think you'll regret not getting a M/L personally.

jnrmczip

I think you may regret not going m/l as well. as I am shorter than you and medium was very uncomfortable to ride. hopefully not the case for yourself and enjoy the new bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
To the OP - where are you? Is there a Giant seller nearby where you could at least sit on the bikes - doesn't need to be the 1, they all have the same geometry

Edit - Upminster...sorted, there's a Giant store near St Pauls/London Wall or AshCycles in Chingford (and quite probably others)

tudor_77

Über Member
I think you'll regret not getting a M/L personally.

I think you may regret not going m/l as well. as I am shorter than you and medium was very uncomfortable to ride. hopefully not the case for yourself and enjoy the new bike.

I would have to disagree, I am also 5.11 and found that on the M/L my arms were fully locked out whilst on the hoods and it felt like a bit of a stretch. I also needed the seat quite low on the M/L but maybe because I only have a 31" inside leg. I could have made it work if necessary but the medium was much better and just felt more comfortable overall.

Everyone is different though and bike fit is often quite subjective.

Top Bottom