giant sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Evening all, ive just ordered a defy 1 blind as I was unable to go and have a test fit, I thought I had done my research quite well but now I am doubting it a bit re size wise
Im 5 11 and have gone for the large frame which "should fit"however on reading an article after ordering (allways the case) im wondering if I should have went with the medium frame size
I may have the opportunity to change the order first thing in the morning so just throwing it out there for someone in the know to share their knowledge
I was riding a 56 allez up until a few monts ago if that is relevant and it was a nice fit
Thanks
Vinny

Last edited:
I've no idea of Giant sizing TBH but there's loads of Defy owners on here so they should be along shortly.

Might be an idea to edit your thread title to something like 'Giant Defy Sizing Query', just a thought as it might get you more hits.

@Heigue'r - Just hover your mouse over 'Thread Tools' in the top right :thumbsup:

Giant.png

MikeW-71

Veteran
I suspect you've gone too big.

I'm 5'10" and a Medium frame fits well, my brother is an inch and a bit taller and got a Medium/Large. The proper Large frame is really for 6' + IMO

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
Thanks all, ive emailed the shop to see if I can swap over the order, will also give a call in the morning
Thanks again
Vinny

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm 5'7" and a smidge and my Defy has a medium frame and it fit's me perfectly. When Hubster rides it occasionally, as his height of 5'10" he looks massive on it, or the bike looks tiny. Either or.
I would say that a Large size should do you very well.

tudor_77

Über Member
I'm 5.11 and recently bought a Defy. Tried both the M/L and the M and the medium fits perfectly, M/L was a bit of a stretch but L would have been way too big. I would go for the medium if you possibly can.

@vickster, who is 5' 9" had an avail medium, which is the same frame size (46.5cm) as the defy small.

Yup, I suspect you need a medium.
Messed that up.

An Avail medium is the same (spec'd) frame size as a defy medium.

You are probably going to have to sit on them to know which is better for you. Though more can be done with a smaller frame for larger people than vice-versa.

I have a Defy 2 Medium and am 5' 11". Had to fit a more upright stem as I found it a bit of a stretch but I am 61 and a bit on the large side so prefer a more upright stance.

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
I'm 5'7" and a smidge and my Defy has a medium frame and it fit's me perfectly. When Hubster rides it occasionally, as his height of 5'10" he looks massive on it, or the bike looks tiny. Either or.
I would say that a Large size should do you very well.

This post has confused me :-), most advise the medium, I guess without the ability to test ride/bike fit I will be trying to swap to the medium on the back of the other replies, however it also gives me a glimmer of hope if I cannot swap it :smile:)

Top Bottom