Giant TCR circa 2012 style - can it take a bigger tyre than 23C?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSK

I am considering getting a Giant TCR Advanced in the 2010-2014 ish style frame model (size L), which has the indentation by the rear wheel.

TCR_Advanced_1_compact.jpg

I am just wandering, if anyone here has one and if so, can it accommodate a 25C rear tyre like a conti gator skin?

(I went from a 23C to a 25C on my Trek and notice a difference for the better so would like to stick with 25C tyres as a minium).

13 rider

Guru
It looks like it will be very tight .but you probably won't now for sure until you try

Cycleops

Legendary Member
25c varies from make to make to make it even more complicated. If you want to use them above all considerations I'd look for another frame which has more clearance, bearing in mind that 28c is the latest buzz which the pros are using.

Reactions: DSK
OP
OP
DSK

DSK

Thanks for the comments. I saw a TCR 3 this weekend, despite is being a low spec, its clean as a whistle and barely used since new and the geometry feels good for me.

I did see an ebay advert this morning with a size M TCR, with a 25C tyre, looks like fresh air wouldn't get through the gap (or lack of)!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive got conti grand sport race 25mm on my 2013 TCR Advanced 1 . Fantastic fun bike !

Reactions: DSK
Top Bottom