Gin O'Clock - what are our favourites ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
We did Sloe Gin and Champagne one night, that was excellent but too much £ for a regular tipple..

I make several bottles of hedgerow gin a year. Two or three with sloes, I have a freezer full of damsons which do a bottle or two a year, and last year found a bullace tree (wild damsons) which I'm looking forward to. All of them are good mixed with prosecco for poor man's sloegasm.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Oh my goodness where do I start. Here's just a few I would happily recommend.

Well my staple favourite is Beefeater. I do prefer my Gins dry rather than botanically enhanced too much as seems to be the fashion these days. For a Gin to be good to me I must be able to drink it neat which unfortunately some of the over infused trendy ones make impossible.

After a recommendation from @The Velvet Curtain some months ago I bought some Ginger Ninja Gin from a great little distillery in North Yorkshire called The Lickerish Tooth. Wonderful gin only enhanced by the ginger not drowned in it.

Deaths Door is another very smooth dry Gin. It's from Washington State USA and is very subtle on the palette.

Monkey 47 another very smooth and subtle dry Gin from the Black Forest in Germany.

We we lucky enough to be given a bottle of Love Gin from Eden Mill at St Andrews Scotland at Xmas. Rather lovely and it disappeared rather quickly:blush:

Favoured mixers for me are either Schweppes or Fever tree plain tonic. However Fever trees Mediterranean tonic is rather pleasant. I do also agree that a nice sloe Gin goes rather well with Prossecco as @hopless500 will agree to as well.

Ginger Ninja and a bottle of Tanquery currently sit on the drinks table but mixed fruit gin is brewing in the larder.

One can never have enough Gin.:wahhey:

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
Our favourite gin purveyor - Logie Steading, near Forres. A wall of discovery.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
That's made me remember Bathtub Gin which is rather nice and Saffron which is a complete wet weekend.

Just spotted Sheep's Eye by The Lickerish Tooth distillery. I have yet to try that but I'm betting it's going to be just as good as their Ginger Ninja.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Mrs Dave has 10 different bottles on the go. Her favourite at present is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xoriguer-XOR001-Gin-70-cl/dp/B005UXKT44

She also likes the St Andrews stuff from Scotland.

I'd never been a fan. It tastes of hospitals to me. Just before Christmas we were in the Pint Shop in Cambridge, she asked me to get an orange based gin. They filled it to the top and the place was packed, so I had to sip a bit off the top before leaving the bar, it was bloody lovely! I've consciously resisted since!

Top Bottom