Gin O'Clock - what are our favourites ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why is flavoured gin so easy to make? Is it because it's basically water, ethanol and flavouring? I don't know much about it but I'm guessing these modern flavoured craft gins are made differently to the more established distilled gins. I think we should be told.

@Fab Foodie is already here - can you explain?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Why is flavoured gin so easy to make? Is it because it's basically water, ethanol and flavouring? I don't know much about it but I'm guessing these modern flavoured craft gins are made differently to the more established distilled gins. I think we should be told.

@Fab Foodie is already here - can you explain?
No idea! Assumed as per @User some form of steeping and distillation of the aromatics with the alcohol.

Norfolk gin is lovely.
classic-treasure-single-bottle-wine-square-1.jpg

I need to try marmalade gin and @Hill Wimp's ginger ninja gin too :smile:

Shall we see some on 1 April?
Not had a chance to buy any yet. I drink it at the local pub :smile:

U

User482

You think? I can tell the difference when cheap own brand tonics are used but you cant beat Schweppes IMO.
I prefer Fever Tree, but Schweppes is ok and I agree that own brand stuff tends to be poor. But if you think about a G&T, the gin is heavily diluted, chilled, and often has some citrus added. I have a feeling that people wouldn't reliably distinguish different brands of gin in a blind test.

Top Bottom