Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had some mince that need using and was going to make a chilli but I've just made a Bolognese sauce in honour of the first Giro stage instead.

ozboz

Guru
Good positive start by Simon Yates ,it’s a pity the pundits didn’t give the other young Brit..... GEOGHEGAN a mention , not to bad 7th , anyway early days , tomorrow looks a good sprinters finish judging the graph of the route , ,,,
Looking forward to it :smile:

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Good positive start by Simon Yates ,it’s a pity the pundits didn’t give the other young Brit..... GEOGHEGAN a mention , not to bad 7th , anyway early days , tomorrow looks a good sprinters finish judging the graph of the route , ,,,
Looking forward to it :smile:
They did,on Eurosport anyway.Im guessing a lot is missed when condensed into a hours highlights.It was a pretty much as expected first day.Still a long way to go..

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Mebbe, but I harboured dark, shameful doubts about Yates TT ability.
I'm rooting for him!
I know what you mean,but.i reckon Dumoulin is keeping his powder dry so to speak Hell be strong in the third week.The other question is can Roglic keep it up ?
Anyways I'm going with Tao !

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I've just noted that Giulio Ciccone is the first KOM jersey holder, so quicker up the climb than Roglič and Yates, yet 1min28sec down on GC! I'm assuming that he was riding his standard road bike throughout and therefore had better momentum going into the climb, on a bike that was set up for this and was specifically targeting the KOM.

Top Bottom