Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just noted that Giulio Ciccone is the first KOM jersey holder, so quicker up the climb than Roglič and Yates, yet 1min28sec down on GC! I'm assuming that he was riding his standard road bike throughout and therefore had better momentum going into the climb, on a bike that was set up for this and was specifically targeting the KOM.
Interesting. It's odd that he could lose that much time on the flat section though.

ozboz

Guru
I've just noted that Giulio Ciccone is the first KOM jersey holder, so quicker up the climb than Roglič and Yates, yet 1min28sec down on GC! I'm assuming that he was riding his standard road bike throughout and therefore had better momentum going into the climb, on a bike that was set up for this and was specifically targeting the KOM.

That’s an interesting stat , some rides were struggling on that climb, and I only saw the catch up ones , so I’m taking that there were more , I did here some English accents urging Yates on !
Cor , would I like there !
Mind you , if I was in Italy , the Peroni and Pasta muscle would be taking a bashing for the next 3 weeks !

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I didnt even know there were KOM points for that stage,but going on that im guessing he rode for the points only and had a cafe ride the rest of the course !

The bloke from GCN said the same thing. Obviously targeting it. Cost him on the rest of the course though.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I didnt even know there were KOM points for that stage,but going on that im guessing he rode for the points only and had a cafe ride the rest of the course !
The KOM ws basically a TT within a TT starting 2.1km from the finishing line
G19_T01_SanLuca_ITT_alt_jpg-1.jpg

chriscross1966

Über Member
Too steep for Dumoulin,I doubt he'll be too worried.
As for TGH I fancy him in this Giro,had a each way bet on him for a podium place overall.80/1 to win it.
He might be worried, all the TT's have appreciable amounts of climbing in them. Wonder if Ineos have got the firepower to mount a serious support for TGH?... Looked like Yates has got his head in a good place too, wonder what the odds are on PR going the whole way in pink?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The latter stages look a bit tough for some of the sprinters. I'm backing a breakaway to stay away. Can't see Lotto wanting to defend onto the jersey for 3 weeks either.

KneesUp

Guru
Just a heads up in case it helps anyone. Our upstairs tv has no aerial so no freeview at bedtime which is when I tend to watch the highlights of I can, and you can’t get Quest on now tv it seems - unless it’s part of a pass I haven’t paid for. Anyway you can get the QuestOD app on a phone or tablet and cast Quest stuff so you can watch whenever although obviously you need something to cast to e.g. a Chromecast (or a newer telly than mine).

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The latter stages look a bit tough for some of the sprinters. I'm backing a breakaway to stay away. Can't see Lotto wanting to defend onto the jersey for 3 weeks either.
I'm guessing sprint. Sprinters teams are fresh and it's a headwind at the important points of the race. Peeing down though which could help the breakaway

ozboz

Guru
Just a heads up in case it helps anyone. Our upstairs tv has no aerial so no freeview at bedtime which is when I tend to watch the highlights of I can, and you can’t get Quest on now tv it seems - unless it’s part of a pass I haven’t paid for. Anyway you can get the QuestOD app on a phone or tablet and cast Quest stuff so you can watch whenever although obviously you need something to cast to e.g. a Chromecast (or a newer telly than mine).

It was on another channel later than 10 also ,

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm guessing sprint. Sprinters teams are fresh and it's a headwind at the important points of the race. Peeing down though which could help the breakaway
Of the 9 Eurosprt experts predictions, only Sean Kelly has gone for a breakaway, the rest for a sprint.

Top Bottom