Giro del Trentino - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As I've said somewhere else on here previously, much as I like Wiggins' refreshing attitude and forthright, plain-talking views, his behaviour does veer toward petulant and childish sometimes.

raindog

er.....
I've only just noticed this comment under the CN article
"Marginal gains offset by major losses" :laugh:

aces_up1504

In that docu, didn't his wife say that off the bike Brad was a lovely bloke, but on the bike he was a twat? Or words to that effect.

To be the best in the world, you have got to have that mentality. His tactics and race were ruined by something he did not have control
Of. If think most people would be pissed.

Surely it's not certain that Brad will ride the Tour?
Wiggins has said he will support Froome but i am not 100% convinced he will even ride. From Sky's point of view, Wiggins' inclusion is a must. He provides a 2nd option should something happen to Froome regarding form, illness or accident. Sky don't strike me as the sort to put all eggs in one basket. Maybe in the past but they tend to learn from past mistakes quickly.

In no way does splitting Froome and Wiggins up make Sky stronger - unless they have personal issues which cannot be resolved.
If Wiggins rides then i would think he will not be happy playing wing man, especially if he doesn't succeed in the Giro.

beastie

Guru
That wouldn't be a surprise, many top sportsmen used to be like that. It seems nowadays that many sportsmen are right twats away from the sport as well.
Surely most people are different at work than in their personal lives. I certainly am.

Edit . This was a reply to the post quoted by Booyaa. Doh

Wiggins has said he will support Froome but i am not 100% convinced he will even ride. From Sky's point of view, Wiggins' inclusion is a must. He provides a 2nd option should something happen to Froome regarding form, illness or accident. Sky don't strike me as the sort to put all eggs in one basket. Maybe in the past but they tend to learn from past mistakes quickly.

In no way does splitting Froome and Wiggins up make Sky stronger - unless they have personal issues which cannot be resolved.
If Wiggins rides then i would think he will not be happy playing wing man, especially if he doesn't succeed in the Giro.

I'm not a big cycling historian but how many times has the current champion not ridden the following year? I can imagine sky wanting froome and wiggins riding just in case one of them can't complete but surely as current champ Wiggins will be there in whatever capacity.

I'm not a big cycling historian but how many times has the current champion not ridden the following year? I can imagine sky wanting froome and wiggins riding just in case one of them can't complete but surely as current champ Wiggins will be there in whatever capacity.
He missed Paris Nice and i believe he is missing the Dauphine criterium also. Both of which he won in 2012. I don't think he is into repeating and if he is not going to compete for the jersey then he may not ride the race at all. Just my opinion.
Time will tell.

I also think Cadel Evans wished he bailed on the 2012 Tour after such a successful 2011. ;)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Anyone know how easy it is to "jam" the signal frequency on electric gears? This could be a whole new area of cheating, with teams trying to jam revival teams frequency?

Hont

Guru
I'm not a big cycling historian but how many times has the current champion not ridden the following year?
More times than you would think. During my lifetime, off the top of my head, Tour de France only....

By choice: Merckx skipped '73, Armstrong retired after '05*. Not by choice: Pantani didn't race '99 (doping issues?), Lemond didn't race '87 (had been shot), Contador missed '08 (team not invited). Roche missed '88 (knee injury?) I'm sure there's a couple more but I can't be arsed to Wiki it.

*Technically no-one won that edition blah blah blah

Top Bottom