Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Too many dogs off leads, or stretchy ones, kids and people walking 6 abreast in this country. Lol.

Was pretty darn amazing yesterday that, in fairness.

Off topic, so apologies, but if cycle paths were like that in the UK I might consider riding on them!

(Saturday's TTT was on a gorgeous cycle path - an ex-railway line apparently - right by the sea, if you didn't see it)
0907064.jpg

robertob

Viviani finally gets it right - a quality sprint from the Sky man
Great patience and waited for the right moment. Was impressive to see from the overhead camera. Deserved success for him at the Giro... finally! But also great performance by Hofland. Followed the right wheels without any support from his team. Greipel maybe started off bit too early?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Yes, Greipel went early but he would have won from that position in the past... I'm beginning to think he just doesn't have that edge any more.

ayceejay

Guru
Thanks for that robert

beastie

Guru
I tried to leave it, I really did but "almost British" ..........piiiissssss off, nothing of the sort and incredibly disrespectful to refer to them as almost british or ex colonial nations...
now thats cleared up, looking forward to the giro.....:okay:^_^
It was very tongue in cheek you know.
Fwiw I am Scottish from an Irish family, with an English wife and am as far removed from a colonial attitude as is possible to be.
sorry!

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I'd love to see Viviani do well, but I shied away from picking him in the punditry as I can't help feeling we'll get the usual Sky 'focus on one thing, everyone's there to work for GC' and he won't get a chance to shine. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

I did wonder whether it would be Moreno Hofland's sort of stage, if Lotto can get it together, but for some reason completely forgot about him when it came to the punditry.

Great job by Viviani, and by Hofland - very pleased to be proved wrong. Wonder if that was planned by Sky or a bit of freelance sniping?

The Couch

Über Member
The camera (or directing) work is awful at times.
At the first intermediary sprint, we saw the peloton (Trek) setting up the sprint for the 6th place from the motorcycle-images, however they then switched to the helicopter-images, that had completely lost track of the front of the peloton and was filming the wrong part.
In the finishing kilometers (3-5km) there were 2 helicopters hovering over the peloton, however none of them was showing good images. The bottom helicopter was - for some unknown reason - not really zooming much, so you didn't really see well who was at the front. At one point they switched camera to the other helicopter (the upper one) but that one wasn't zooming either, so was therefore showing the bottom helicopter with some cyclists riding hard in the background. :blink:

(Also the tv-footage of stage 1 that was added in the T of Cal thread , wasn't great either during the final K, with the trees being partly in the way and no good fixed camera's to catch the sprint)

I don't think I am being overly patriotic, when I say many races would benefit with the Belgian (Flanders) filming/directing experience in (cycling) sports.

JBGooner

Über Member
Never mind the scenery but how beautiful were the roads they were cycling on? I am in awe.

Then I think of the road surfaces I cycle on :sad:

Top Bottom