Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pozzovivo down (and looking pretty much out)

Unfortunately he looks worse than out!

Hope he's just concussed.

Bonus

Veteran
Watching the slow motion replay on YouTube seems his front wheel just went out from under him going into the corner? Hit the ground on his right side was out cold for a bit.

Hope he's ok, or as well as can be expected under the circumstances. Not nice to see anyone do that.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Pozzovivo's condition is described as "serious but under control" by the race doctor. AG2R tweeted he was "conscious and lucid" when taken from the road into the ambulance.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
... - or at least it's supposed to show that - I couldn't see the person involved:

You can see him just come round the flower bed on the far side as the camera goes back to the peloton at 0:09 into the video, and come off the pavement at 0:12 - he's on the far pavement about level with the lead Tinkoff rider.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Domenico Pozzovivo has not had much luck over the last year or two, specially with injuries and that crash looked real bad, now I dont blame the man in the suit for his reaction to the crash but I wish people would leave the injuried to the professionals, ....
Didn't see it but maybe the man in the suit was a trained first aider?

robertob

Really interesting stage today, isn't it? So many possible scenarios. Surely Gilbert will show his hands again, Gerrans possible as well? Was really impressed with Paolini yesterday, think he crashed during the stage but still sprinted in the end and finished 6th eventually. He said he'll try again to win the pink jersey. Today looks a good day for him to go for it. Also Sylvain Chavanel will surely try something today?!

amc_fma_final_940x400.jpg

The Couch

Über Member
Really interesting stage today, isn't it? So many possible scenarios. Surely Gilbert will show his hands again, Gerrans possible as well? Was really impressed with Paolini yesterday, think he crashed during the stage but still sprinted in the end and finished 6th eventually. He said he'll try again to win the pink jersey. Today looks a good day for him to go for it. Also Sylvain Chavanel will surely try something today?!
Gilbert and Gerrans are indeed obvious names.
I would have discarded Paolini, since he actually looked to be struggling on the Flemish Ardennes climbs earlier this year, but as he indeed was still present yesterday and did a good sprint, so he might indeed be there today as well.
I believe Chavanel has already seen a lot of the ground in the last 2 days, so he might not be 100% yet.
Ulissi could have a 2nd go as well today and Pirazzi/Zardini/Bongiorni (who seem to be interchangeable) could very well be in it today as well.

Also I wonder if "sprinters" like Matthews, Fellini and Battaglin can survive today as well.
Still.... they won't go in the attack and this seems to be a stage where an escape will make it (especially if there's a OGE rider in it)
(Unless Tinkoff keep their strategy of riding an insane hard tempo to "protect" Contador)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
@The Couch Ulissi, Gilbert and Gerrans were the three on my shortlist for the punditry - if you think they're contenders, I find that reassuring. Almost makes me think I might have a clue what I'm talking about. Almost...

I definitely fancy Ulissi's chances today but I didn't really want to pick him on principle.

Top Bottom