Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tinkoff-Saxo are baffling me with their tactics in this race so far. Still working today, with a rider in the break.

beastie

Guru
Ok I have just got in and am not sure what's happened with a big, big group upfront. Anyone been watching from the start?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Also I wonder if "sprinters" like Matthews, Fellini and Battaglin can survive today as well.

I really don't think people should keep calling Matthews a "sprinter" (even in inverted commas). He's a puncheur with a fast finish: exactly the Gerrans or Gilbert kind of rider who can survive the lumps and sprint uphill at the end...

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Gilbert and Gerrans are indeed obvious names ... Also I wonder if "sprinters" like Matthews ... can survive today as well.

Must admit I thought Gilbert and Gerrans were likely, and I thought about Clarke as well if OGE want to stay in pink, but decided in the end - probably wrongly - that Matthews would make it over the hills OK and OGE might want to keep him in pink.

Apart from a slim possibility of Clarke that's all looking out the window at the moment though. At the moment, a lot of GC riders look as though they might lose a lot of time today.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I really don't think people should keep calling Matthews a "sprinter" (even in inverted commas). He's a puncheur with a fast finish: exactly the Gerrans or Gilbert kind of rider who can survive the lumps and sprint uphill at the end...

...although he doesn't seem to be surviving terribly well at the mo.

Top Bottom