Giro d'Italia *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
MC wasn't quite hindered enough but it was a sneaky trick by Petacchi.

By the way, when does Petacchi's drug case come up?:thumbsup:

Nnnnnng! Cav was robbed!

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Certainly looked like 2 seperate movements in the closing stages, just enough to put Cav on the back foot and stop the vital kick in acceleration

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm not excusing Petacchi's move but he got the jump on Cav and MC didn't have the oomph that he had last year to get past him this time.

The surprise was Farrar's no-show after Cervelo's big push in the last few kms.

raindog

er.....
There was no crash, nobody got head-butted, and in the end that's sprinting. But I think Cav has a point here......
"Cavendish went on to explain that his anger at the finish was directed not at Petacchi but at the race commissaires, claiming that if he sprinted in the same manner as the Italian, he would have been disqualified."

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
There was no crash, nobody got head-butted, and in the end that's sprinting. But I think Cav has a point here......
"Cavendish went on to explain that his anger at the finish was directed not at Petacchi but at the race commissaires, claiming that if he sprinted in the same manner as the Italian, he would have been disqualified."

Source please - I only got the Eurosport view and the situation was far from concluded when the coverage ended

That said - there were repeated re - runs of the closing stages that suggested the commisaires were reviewing the video evidence according to DH and BS

Keith Oates

Janner
Disappointing result for Cav but that is cycle racing and so he has to accept the result and try to not let that situation happen again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raindog

er.....
Yep, everything's smoothed over, that's yesterday's news, and we're ready for today's stage. Another massed sprint or will a strong break make it near the end?

stage_3_profile_600.jpg

C

chillyuk

Let's just hope the rider who is down makes a recovery. He didn't look too sharp. Cyclists know the risks but is still hard when it happens.

Top Bottom