Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
New Giant ordered and now shopping for extras.

Phonecall from my phone supplier asking me to take out a contract for another phone, but I already have a contract and a year to go on it, why would I want to sign up to another !!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Wife yelling down the stairs as I leave for work - "Please bring your work trousers home, they're the only ones you have without a hole in the crotch and we're going out tomorrow night..."

subaqua

What’s the point
Planned Fire evacuation
I am on my sweep of the uppwr floors as part of fire marshall duties
Me- The alarm has been sounding for 5 minutes , why are you still here
operative from somewhere East of Lowestoft ness - eerrr i moving now - i thought not real so i stay .
me- you have been told at inducton what to do when alarm sounds
operative from somewhere East of Lowestoft ness - eerrr i moving now - i thought not real so i stay .

at this point i decided to walk away as conversation would be pointless

perplexed

Guru
Planned Fire evacuation
I am on my sweep of the uppwr floors as part of fire marshall duties
Me- The alarm has been sounding for 5 minutes , why are you still here
me- you have been told at inducton what to do when alarm sounds

at this point i decided to walk away as conversation would be pointless

Was it Consuela from Family Guy?

slowwww

Veteran
I'm off work looking after the kids during Easter holiday. Had a few (too many) beers last night and so was feeling rather less than sparkling when I woke up this morning.

When I got in last night OH had left a note advising that as I'd failed miserably to get my 8 year old to do any violin practice (she only just started learning) so far this week, could I get her to do a double-shift this morning . It’s usually a challenge to get her to do 1 let alone 2 practices in a day

Artful 8YO took one look at the state of me and the conversation went like this:-

8YO: “Daddy, if I must do 2 lots of practicing, I must do them now as I won’t have the energy to do them at any other time today”

Daddy (briefly pausing to contemplate the prospect of an hour’s worth of sounds akin to our cat being slowly strangled while dragging its claws down a blackboard): “nah, you’re all right luv, do three lots with Mum tomorrow instead”

Anybody know a good divorce lawyer?

gbb

Legendary Member
'David...will you frikkin stand still :ohmy::whistle::laugh:'
'Ah, sorry, i can't help it, i'm always doing it !' ^_^

As i walked over the factory floor towards David, my new understudy, he's talking to someone else...and he's almost jigging on the spot, feet moving like he's ready for the off...but he's not going anywhere. Its like a nerve thing, he can't stand still..it does my head in :eek: , he's always doing it. Ive seen other people do it, it seems so odd to me, they must be excited or highly strung...or something ?

And my second...
Just been down the phone shop to get a GalaxyS3 mobile. Went through all the usual checks you do nowadays...he put my credit card in the machine to do a 'penny summat'...so they withdraw 1p to ensure you're there in the shop.
When he gave me back my card i said (with a serious look)....
:huh: 'I will be getting that penny back won't i ?' ...then a seconds delay...and :laugh:
The guy answered...'No sir, but i'm sure we can all chip in if neccessary' ^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
The wife and I are always verbally sparring, :boxing::laugh: its good fun.

'Seeing as I bought the Chinese...you going to make me a cuppa ;)'
'...........(she thought for a few seconds).........no :huh: '
'I should be happy I suppose, you at least thought about it :laugh: ..that's more than I normally get :whistle::laugh:'

After a few seconds...
'No tea then ? :tongue:'
'.........no !'

From the outside, we perhaps sound a bit odd...but she does so so much around the house, making tea is MY job (or so it seems ^_^) and I can't complain.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
At the check out in lidl...

Blonde lady on till:

Hiya...no bike today?

Moi: Nah it's raining...

Her: That doesn't usually stop you?

Moi: I know but today I'm suffering (sniff/cough laying it on thick...)....I need a warm drink and my bed...

Her: I think you need a nurse ( giggle):girl:

Moi: or a checkout manager...?:o)

her: Behave :laugh:

TVC

having a reorg at work, my current role is redundant, so i applied for another - doing pretty much the same thing
head: you didn't get the job

there wasn't a lot to say after that.
Bad news. Is that it, or are there alternatives within the company?

Arch

Married to Night Train
From last week:

Volunteer: So, is that electric truck hard to drive?
Us: No, not really.
Volunteer: Has it got gears?
Us: Well, yeah, forward and reverse
Volunteer: Are you ever tempted to, you know, see how fast she can go?
Us: <simultaneously bursting out laughing> Yes, every day! We drive foot to the floor. Her top speed is about 10mph....

gbb

Legendary Member
So we're driving to see mum and dad, both in their mid 80s and half way through my estate, I saw a Red Kite, 30 feet away, about 6ft off the ground, being mobbed by two crows. You could see every detail in him for those few seconds. I see them regular and often close, but not that close...wow.
Me to dad..
'Saw a Red Kite on the way here Dad, amazing really, right in the middle of a housing estate, that's how much they've expanded round here'
'I've NEVER seen a Red Kite in my life...not in my 80 plus years'

And he never will, he's been blind for circa 20 years. Such a shame, he's been an avid lover of the countryside, wildlife and birds all his life. Reminds me of an occasion a couple years ago, i'd took him for a short walk on my arm. We were walking alongside a field that had a carpet of dandelion flowers. I always explain what i'm seeing to dad, giving him an image to work with in his mind...
'This field is a carpet of yellow dad...all the dandelions have flowered and it looks like yellow snow'
He became emotional and shed a tear...sometimes you confront someones difficulties, and regret it.

Sorry...feeling a bit maudlin.:blush:

On a funnier note, the wife is on facebook.
Wife to me...
'I see nothings changed with Angie..she's got a photo of her dinner and below it she's put 'yum yum''

I laughed, she was / is a terrible cook.
The wife continued..
'You wouldn't be impressed, it's a chop, tinned potatoes, tinned peas and some gravy :laugh:'
'Oh gawld, the bar was always low with Angie, I see she hasn't raised it a lot :laugh:' I replied.

Top Bottom