Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Sorry about the weather! Can't you get ITV Player on whatever you use to access CycleChat?

It is a bit annoying that you can't skip adverts but otherwise acceptable.

The weather cannot be helped, although it is a relief for the garden and hopefully we will sleep better at night.

I suppose we could do some jiggery pokery to get ITV on the computer or a tablet but tbh these 3 weeks in July are the only time we go anywhere near ITV.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I suppose we could do some jiggery pokery to get ITV on the computer or a tablet but tbh these 3 weeks in July are the only time we go anywhere near ITV.
I made a mistake when setting up the channel list on my Freesat box. I was getting rid of channels that I would never want to watch (shopping channels, children's channels and so on) and didn't notice that I had accidentally deleted ITV! It was only when someone told me that there was something on there that I might want to watch that I realised it wasn't available to me.

As for 'jiggery pokery' to watch ITV on the computer - you can just visit ITV hub. (PS You would need to register to get access though.)

Last edited:

Lullabelle

Banana
I made a mistake when setting up the channel list on my Freesat box. I was getting rid of channels that I would never want to watch (shopping channels, children's channels and so on) and didn't notice that I had accidentally deleted ITV! It was only when someone told me that there was something on there that I might want to watch that I realised it wasn't available to me.

As for 'jiggery pokery' to watch ITV on the computer - you can just visit ITV hub. (PS You would need to register to get access though.)

As it is we are watching the programme live :hyper:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
“On your right!” - all I heard as the racing snakes pushed their way through at RideLondon today forgetting the definition of Sportive and mixing it up with “Race” !!
That sounds like some of the people who were doing the Cycle the Solway Sportive the other week-I overheard one of them saying "we haven't all got new carbon bikes";)...

Reactions: gbb

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Mother : "Did you hear ? Your sister now has BSc after her name."

Me: "No. I will have to text her, to congratulate her."

My Text : "Hi Sis. Mam told me the good news. Congratulations on acheiving your Bronze Swimming certificate"

Sister's Text : "ROLMAO"

Just to add to the above...

Me : Shows the text to Mrs V
Mrs V : "But I thought she could already swim?"
Me wondering about Mrs V - well I suppose she was dull enough to marry me

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Just spent three hours in a Salesforce training webinar, hosted in our meeting room by our boss

Afterwards, one of the salespersons in London phones here, to talk to our sales director (sat next to the boss)...

Salesman : "He doesn't half go on a bit, doesn't he"
Sales Director : "Sorry Richard, you are on speakerphone"
Office *hysterical laugher*

Last edited:
Our local Aldi is not blessed with a particularly large car park, so it's always a scramble to get a space. Yesterday, we drove in and had to slalom round two youngish women, all bleached blonde hair, inappropriate clothing and a fine range of tattoos, who were evidently discussing their housing situation at the tops of their (very strident) voices. One explained how she likes her house, but that the roads a sh*thole.....

When we returned to the car, they were still there, but the conversation had moved on to the merits of her Aunt's house. "I wannit. It's got five bedrooms and she only uses one cos she's disabled. But my cow of a cousin is living there, wiv 'er baby, innit".

Top Bottom