Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought I was grumpy but today put my mumbling grumpiness into perspective. Wife and husband shopping in Morrisons. He's obviously a bit deaf and I can see his hearing aids but his impatience and grumpiness was breathtaking.

Him: WHAT ABOUT THIS YOGHURT, IT'S A GOOD PRICE BETTER THAN THAT STUFF YOU NORMALLY GET?
wife: you're shouting a bit
Him: WOT?
wife: you're shouting a bit, Shouting a bit!

Him: Harrumph!
Wife: What did you buy already, you went shopping?
Him: I'M NOT GOING TO THROUGH IT CHAPTER AND VERSE NOW AM I, I'LL TELL YOU LATER

later at the checkout, he was some distance away..

Him: WHAT ABOUT THIS, I'VE GOT THE CODE, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TELL ME THIS CODE IS NO GOOD ARE YOU, BLOODY USELESS, I CUT IT OUT, IS IT GOOD?
He had forgotten to turn the hearing aid on, or the battery was flat! :whistle:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

He had forgotten to turn the hearing aid on, or the battery was flat! :whistle:
Maybe, I don't think he cared, he seemed to be able to hear when it suited him.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Doing an all day IPAF course today on powered access equipment, scissor and boom lifts. Part of it was a pre theory test set of 30 questions. 24 had to be right.
I completed mine, examiner glanced at my answers and said.
'You don't see that very often :huh:'
My answer...
'Well they're either all correct ....or all wrong :laugh:'

I passed :thumbsup:
Well done, but if I was in charge of training people for safety-critical operations I would want them all to get it right every time, not 80% of the time!

gbb

Legendary Member
At our 14 yo granddaughters school creativity evening where various acts and bands (our gd is in the school band, pays bass, sings and has recently taken up drums as well :wacko:...is there nothing she can't do ? :whistle:) I watched as the evening unfolded, she did three sets at various times, spent most of the rest of her time in excited huddles with friends, talking with teachers, playimg drums to support another band, generally far too busy to spend much time with us :laugh:.
I turned to my son and DIL and said....
'Its fantastic to see her so happy, look at her, shes having the time of her life :notworthy:'
DIL replied...
'I know....shes matured sooooo much in the last 6 months'

Where on earth the brains and creativity in her has come from dumbfounded us all :wacko:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Thats what I love / hate about risk assessments, you do them based on best knowledge at the time...but someone can always pick holes in them or circumstances change in an instant.
That's why one of the stages of risk assessment is.......Review.

Reactions: gbb

Lullabelle

Banana
At the local doctor’s surgery
Me. I need an appointment for bloods and B12.
Reception. When would you like?
Me. Monday morning only or anytime Tuesday
Consults computer
Reception. How about 2 o’clock Monday afternoon?
Did she even listen to what I said?

Sounds like the hairdresser I used to use, her daughter was 1 knife short of a block :dry:

Top Bottom