Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
To give some background...ive been ripping out the spare room to turn it into our bedroom, our bedroom will become the spare room. Its meant upstairs has been turmoil with all sorts of furniture sat half way between no-where and anywhere, tools and decorating gear all over, etcetcetc.
Room freshly decorated all through, tv mounted on wall and 'plumbed' in, new oddments of furniture assembled, two sockets wired in either side of the bed, cables re-routed from either room through the loft including aerials, Virgin connection to computer and ethernet cable to the TV. Computer re-installed in the now spare room...2 days work, i'm cream crackered. The wife has been doing her bit, keeping tidy as much as she can, making copious amounts of tea, moving stuff, a bit of decorating etc etc.
So, i said to the wife late in the day....
'Thanks for your help BTW'
:huh:'Are you taking the mick ?'
'Nooo, i'm being serious, you've worked hard as well'......gave it a pause...then continued...'not as hard as me mind :headshake:...but not bad all the same :laugh:'

In this house, thats called tombstone juggling...or dicing with death:laugh::laugh:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just stop watching TV in bed and save a fortune next time gbb!

"i'm just going to stick the needle in"

that was the doctor this morning... i had my eyes closed as i hate needles and he had swabbed the area with an anaesthetic, so why tell me????

anyway... when it was all over he showed me the result of the swelling on my knee... a jar of very dark 'old' blood. great, that makes me feel really good.

i had a steroid injection as well, so now i'll fail the doping tests, luckly i can't cycle as my knee hurts.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
'Sorry he's a Jack Russell'

The lady with the Jack Russell that had chased my bike not having seen he was actually chasing my Jack Russell that was in the basket at the time because if he had been on the deck he would of been chasing hers.

still I might go back tomorrow at the same time as I have now thought of something witty to say back and dog walkers are creatures of habit.

gbb

Legendary Member
Me to wife...'make us a cuppa baby'
'no, its Valentines day, make me one :thumbsup: '
'its my Valentines day as well'
'no, you have to make me one, its Valentines day'
'since when did women claim Valentines as exclusively theirs :huh: ?'
'I made dinner, the least you can do is make a cup of tea :laugh:'
'I've been at work all day, go on, make us a cuppa ...you know you want to.. .'

I succumbed of course...and made the tea, just like i always do. My tea's better anyway, she's not had enough practice :boxing:

Kies

Mid afternoon ..... No kids about
Me: do you fancy celebrating valentines day
Her: what do you mean?
Me: you know wink wink
Her: rain cheque
Me: you owe me so many cheques .... The bank has closed down and sacked the employees

...... I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight :biggrin:
She thinks it's a punishment .... But i see it as camping outdoors!

Top Bottom