Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not dialogue but we have this test we do at work where we classify crystal types in some of our products: needles, irregular, spherulites etc.

Got a report back from our new lab in Hungary today, the crystals in the sample were apparently "unshapely".

subaqua

What’s the point
Bacground - we have struggled with getting HV power on due to several manufacturing issues and I have been working long hours trying to sort things out and get power on- we are a week late but it won't impact program just a milestone bonus for some directors.

me to Project director - HV went on about an hour ago and we also have the LV panels live even though we don't need to have them live as we have to terminate LV cables and the panels will be isolated tomorrow.
PD - one of the risers is unlocked and it says live cables on it .
me Oh so no thanks for getting HV ON.

PD - you can't do the temp to perm power changeover on a saturday has to be a sunday.

i think the tech services agencies will be having a few calls made tomorrow cos i don't give a flying one about loyalty anymore. would rather be out of work than deal with cnuts like this anymore

Arch

Married to Night Train
We spot a copy of the Guardian, with a strapline for a feature inside "Is a folding bike the answer?"

Jonny: Do you want to read that?
Me: Nah, I'll pass. I expect the answer is yes.
Jonny: You never know, depends on the question.
Me: Yeah, I guess. If the question is "How can I complete an efficient multi-modal commute without a car" then 'A folding bike' probably is the answer. But if it's "What was the state of the universe in the seconds after the Big Bang", then it probably isn't.
Jonny: Haven't you heard, that's exactly the latest theory. All the power in the universe created in an instant, in the form of an ever expanding folding bike.
Me: Nah. It wouldn't be a folding bike. It'd be a Dawes Galaxy...

It's conversations like that that make the job fun.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Overheard conversations with dead-pan guy behind counter in service station.

D-p G: Which pump?
Customer 1: No 5
D-p G: There's no one at pump 5, how much fuel?
Customer 1: About fifty quid
D-p G: Pump number 4

Customer 2: Can I have a 'lucky dip' lottery ticket please?
D-p G: For which day?
Customer 2: Today
D-p G: It's Thursday
Customer 2: Ah, Saturday
D-p G: One pound

To be fair to him he has been in the spray booth all day, and it smells WILD in there!
perhaps you need to remove his car keys from him now before he drives home.
(says the person who used to work in a bonded warehouse standing in neat spirits all day - spillages did not drain away and it was not uncommon to stand in 2 inches or more of neat vodka/whisky/gin and anything else... - great cure for athletes food, not so great for driving home or for the headaches after stopping working there, with the headaches and withdrawl symptons lasting more than 2 weeks for both myself and my husband!)

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
perhaps you need to remove his car keys from him now before he drives home.
(says the person who used to work in a bonded warehouse standing in neat spirits all day - spillages did not drain away and it was not uncommon to stand in 2 inches or more of neat vodka/whisky/gin and anything else... - great cure for athletes food, not so great for driving home or for the headaches after stopping working there, with the headaches and withdrawl symptons lasting more than 2 weeks for both myself and my husband!)

wow, just wow.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
An engineer here just said to me, "I'm not from Suffolk; I'm born and bred Ipswich"

Ipswich Town, born and bred,
Strong in the arm and thick in the head.

Is that engineer like the bloke who comes to your business to mend the photocopier calls himself an engineer - and he's just got a rag and a spray tin of that disgusting smelling cleaner stuff.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Ipswich Town, born and bred,
Strong in the arm and thick in the head.

Is that engineer like the bloke who comes to your business to mend the photocopier calls himself an engineer - and he's just got a rag and a spray tin of that disgusting smelling cleaner stuff.

The poor lad isn't even thirty and already has four kids, I'm just impressed he's ever awake enough to work at all!

Top Bottom