Glasgow attractions - an appeal to those 'in the know'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm visiting Glasgow next week to do the museums and art galleries. Are there any less obvious places to visit?

Recommended cafes/restaurants?

I'll be visiting the National Piping Centre, The Burrell Collection, The Transport Museum, The Science Centre, Mackintosh Museum, Sharmanka in Trongate.

Have I missed anything obvious out?

F70100

Who, me ?
These days I don't visit Glasgow as much as I used to. Regular haunts for dinner were Fratelli Sarti on Bath Street and The Wee Curry Shop on Buccleuch Street. A perusal of their websites indicates that they have both added additional outlets since. I did enjoy dinner at Sarti's in October last year; still maintaining the high standards I remember.

U

User6179

Peoples palace and winter gardens
peoples_palace_wa221109.jpg

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A pint in the Horseshoe

Try and take the cone from the duke of wellingtons head.....

Maybe a trip out to the velodrome?

I am being chaperoned by Mrs Vernon whose capacity for sport, mischief and beer is somewhat smaller than mine......

sazzaa

I quite like Mono cafe (vegan), dunno if it's still on the go though? And Lebowski's for their white Russian menu...

discominer

People's Palace is shut for renovation, but you can hire a track bike in the nearby Velodrome. Mono is still going strong. How about the Tenement House in Garnethill? You can visit the Glasgow School of Art round the corner too.
When you're in the Science Centre, don't have a coffee there- just wait till the end of your visit and pop into the BBC right opposite- it's open to the public and the tea and coffee are cheaper there, and it's nicer than the Science Centre.

Top Bottom