Glasgow / Chris Hoy velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JiMBR

You won't be doing anything physically more challenging in accred 2 than you did in number 1.

It's the third one where it starts getting tougher...

Yeah...After Accred2, I plan to repeat the Accred1 a few times to get extra track time and hopefully build a bit of fitness.

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Yeah...After Accred2, I plan to repeat the Accred1 a few times to get extra track time and hopefully build a bit of fitness.

It isn't so much about fitness but about learning skills and riding safety, so if you are finding it tough you can take a break at the side if you want. There are also quite a few stoppages in between drills/races where you'll get some coaching and instruction so its not full on for the 2 hours. Look at it this way if - the coach doesn't think you are capable of stepping up to accred3 then he wont pass you on accred2 :smile:

JiMBR

It isn't so much about fitness but about learning skills and riding safety, so if you are finding it tough you can take a break at the side if you want. There are also quite a few stoppages in between drills/races where you'll get some coaching and instruction so its not full on for the 2 hours. Look at it this way if - the coach doesn't think you are capable of stepping up to accred3 then he wont pass you on accred2 :smile:

That's good advice ziz....passed Accred2 today and really enjoyed it!
I now plan to repeat it a couple of times before Accred3.

Col5632

Guru
I am booked to do level 1 on the 25th May,have work in afternoon at moment but if that changes might try for stage 2 as well. Was told sometimes people drop out on day so you can book on day. See you there

Least i will know somebody, pretty nervous but excited for it :smile:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Coach Neil was driving us hard at the endurance session last night. I hadn't fully recovered from my road effort on Sunday, so it was really tough going :sweat: . Only came 7th out of 10 in the elimination race :cry:

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Coach Neil was driving us hard at the endurance session last night. I hadn't fully recovered from my road effort on Sunday, so it was really tough going :sweat: . Only came 7th out of 10 in the elimination race :cry:

Just tell people you were well inside the top 10 sounds better than 7th out of 10 ;)

btw do you know if there is restricted gearing in the endurance sessions now? There was talk of that a few weeks ago but i havent been to one since to know if it happened or not.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
btw do you know if there is restricted gearing in the endurance sessions now? There was talk of that a few weeks ago but i havent been to one since to know if it happened or not.

Don't know. There was only one guy there yesterday with his own bike, and his gearing was not massive different. The coach did ask him to change to 1 tooth higher sprocket when we did the race, but did not give the impression that it was mandatory (he did, of course, win anyway...)

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Are there lockers available to leave my ruck sack whilst riding the track? Also do I have to leave my bike locked up outside in the bike racks or is there room inside to leave my bike? Cheers

Yeah there are lockers - you'll need 50p for them which is returnable.

I've seen some people bring their bikes in and leave them track centre, however they've recently made the available space here alot smaller and put carpet down to try and stop the track getting dirty so i'm not sure if bringing a bike is still ok or not. Probably will still be ok

Col5632

Guru
Good to see you again Col. Hope the part 2 went ok for you?

Good to see you again too, session 2 was brilliant, done team pursuit, our team were far better and organised than the other team, wasn't as much cycling in part 2 as there was in part 1, booked the 3rd one for the 6th June, you planning on going back?

Top Bottom