Glasgow cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joseph

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7960964.stm :ohmy:

Didn't see the accident itself, but went near-ish at 9:30ish; road was closed and there were a LOT of police there - didn't know it was a cyclist at that point.

I think I've twice had lorries pull out 'inconsiderately' in front on me on that roundabout that then turn into south st. :smile:

(That wasn't magnatom, right? He doesn't normally go down south st and is normally a bit later than that I think...)

Joseph said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7960964.stm :ohmy:

Didn't see the accident itself, but went near-ish at 9:30ish; road was closed and there were a LOT of police there - didn't know it was a cyclist at that point.

I think I've twice had lorries pull out 'inconsiderately' in front on me on that roundabout that then turn into south st. :smile:

(That wasn't magnatom, right? He doesn't normally go down south st and is normally a bit later than that I think...)

Oh bejezzuz, I passed by there and spotted a lot of police etc, but didn't know what it was for.

Blimey, I hope they are ok.:biggrin:

It wasn't at the roundabout, it was over towards the development, at one of the junctions.

Actually, thinking about it, I wonder if the cyclist was using the NCN route along there (I'm sure there is one there). It's one of those shared paths, that crosses entrances and junctions. It's NCN 75 I think.

I haven't seen any further news on this. Is there any way you can find out what happened in incidents like this apart from relying on the papers?

Wish there was.A motorcycling colleague told me there was a ped run down by a lorry near Southwark Bridge last Sunday but I don't know any news.It's a poxy road with roadworks making pinch points now.There always seems to be roadworks there.

Tynan

Veteran
I went over Southwark Bridge for a while, not a good piece of road, a narrow cycle line that the motorbikes tend to dive into at speed at several points and silly roadworks that force bikes into the main lane

the bridge itself isn't brilliant either

if that was my regular route I'd seriously consider going over another bridge

I have now.The roadworks really put me off.Unfortunately other routes have major disadvantages,those being peds (too many of them).

Which way do you go Tynan?

OP
OP
J

Joseph

I've heard a bit more about this. This is probably third or fourth hand info, so expect some inaccuracies.

Apparently he was cycling down the cycle path, and a car pulls out and knocks him off into the road. A truck then went over him. The chances he survived were rated as 'unlikely'. :wahhey:

RIP unknown cyclist. His family and friends have my sympathy.

Joseph said:
I've heard a bit more about this. This is probably third or fourth hand info, so expect some inaccuracies.

Apparently he was cycling down the cycle path, and a car pulls out and knocks him off into the road. A truck then went over him. The chances he survived were rated as 'unlikely'. :rolleyes:

:wacko: Sad news. I hope it not the case but going by the amount of police I saw, it doesn't surprise me.

My sympathies to the family and friends.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Joseph said:

Apparently he was cycling down the cycle path, and a car pulls out and knocks him off into the road. A truck then went over him. The chances he survived were rated as 'unlikely'. :rolleyes:

Fook! Poor sod. RIP :wacko:

Top Bottom