glasto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think some people are just disappointed they didn't sing about eggs, or something, I dunno;

View attachment 473240
Madrid? Poe?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The Killlers did a decent show as they always do, typically American, the performance was very professional if lacking in soul.

It's a bit early to slag off The Cure as they haven't played yet.

I'm hoping Kylie will be on the red button this afternoon, worth a watch even with the sound turned down.

Kylie's set is being shown on BBC1 at 6pm - might be on the red button "live" though.

Wasn't overly impressed by The Killers last night, despite being a big fan of their earlier stuff (15 years ago as we were kindly reminded during the intro!). The sound quality wasn't great, but that's a perrenial issue with live music on the BBC.

And while The Cure were excellent at the Leeds Festival a few years ago, I'm not entirely sure how they are relevant as headliners..?

Possibly the real issue is that there are now too many festivals, with too many stages for the available number of bands?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Anyone shouting and bawling cannot be making music.

But Stormzy should worry, he has many fans and is making a good living in an industry in which it's increasingly hard to do so.

Any songwriter who uses the word 'recidivist' gets my vote - I bet Cole Porter didn't reach for that one when he was searching for a rhyme.

I wonder what Stormzy makes of all those people so keen to congratulate him on his political and social commentary.

He might think it patronising, given those doing the congratulating know the square root of naff all about South London gangland life for a black person, and are mostly white.

All those so keen to ally themselves with Stormzy better watch out - they might find themselves in his next song.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Anyone shouting and bawling cannot be making music.

But Stormzy should worry, he has many fans and is making a good living in an industry in which it's increasingly hard to do so.

Any songwriter who uses the word 'recidivist' gets my vote - I bet Cole Porter didn't reach for that one when he was searching for a rhyme.

I wonder what Stormzy makes of all those people so keen to congratulate him on his political and social commentary.

He might think it patronising, given those doing the congratulating know the square root of naff all about South London gangland life for a black person, and are mostly white.

All those so keen to ally themselves with Stormzy better watch out - they might find themselves in his next song.
Johnny Cash never really shot a man in Reno.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Looking at the list of everyone who's playing I reckon I could have quite happily stayed in the acoustic tent all weekend. Some top quality acts on that stage. Nothing else appeals. I did make an effort to watch the Killers as the guy that's doing their sound does our sound now and again. Alas, I only lasted two songs before I went onto YouTube and watched some mountain bike videos instead.

yello

I only lasted two songs before I went onto YouTube and watched some mountain bike videos instead.

:laugh: Could you be more damning? ;)

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Oo, surprise appearance of David Attenborough before Kylie.

Apparently, the bloke from Hawkwind was a bit sniffy about the emphasis on veganism and the environment, saying he was doing that stuff 50 years ago.

Top Bottom