glasto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mr Attenborough was a little bit premature praising the "plastic free" Glasto, which has been revelaed in the papers today to be knee deep in plastic waste like every other year.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Each generation thinks it invents everything.

Bman

Guru
I was not impressed by the lineup this year. I expect none of the sets to compare with the Foo Fighters in 2017.

While I made the most of the Killers headline act, the rest of the last two evenings performances were lackluster. Although Jeff Goldblum's band was surprisingly to my taste.

Just catching up with The Chemical Brothers now (its actually on par with The Killers performance last night). Then its Vampire Weekend but mostly The Streets Im looking forward to tonight. Not everyone's thing, but I like Mike Skinner's style.

I will catch up with The Cure tomorrow.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hopefully they will take photos of all the mess and rubbish tomorrow for David, so he can see how pointless that praise was.

I can imagine the Daily Mail loving that...along with their usual rant about black rappers with social consciences, the BBC spending too much money covering it and young kids generally relaxing and having a great time

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Oo, surprise appearance of David Attenborough before Kylie.

Apparently, the bloke from Hawkwind was a bit sniffy about the emphasis on veganism and the environment, saying he was doing that stuff 50 years ago.

To be fair ( and i'm not bashing the 'eat less but better meat' mob here - they have a good point ) there is a bit of cognitive dissonance around being a hard line vegan, and attending a music festival held on a working dairy farm.

If that good cropping ground was all down to field beans, or combining peas then it would make it harder to festivalise on.

Although i suppose they could use the fields when they were in the fertility building red clover ryegrass portion of the rotation and get away with it..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I can imagine the Daily Mail loving that...along with their usual rant about black rappers with social consciences, the BBC spending too much money covering it and young kids generally relaxing and having a great time

There was one such picture posted in one of them comics just recently deriding the supposed greenness of said festival -

The same paper did have to later fess up [in a tiny box] that they had taken a stock photo of rubbish left at a European festival , but of course by then the prejudgements had already been reinforced.

I agree there is a lot of waste, and rubbish left at these festivals by many of the youth ( and older ones)

But who brought them up in, and created, the consumer, throwaway easy, cos you can get more from China. dirt cheap, society ??
Kids, and many grown ups too tend to follow the lead of those around them..

It becomes almost pointless to be careful with your rubbish when every one else is just dumping theirs down. Its the culture ( or lack of it ) innit

yello

Kylie does what Kylie does. All good clean pop fun, if you like that kind of thing. In fairness, she does it well and is a true professional in that respect. File under, um, whatever you file that sort of thing under.

Levo-Lon

Guru

Oh look you got a like from my mate

Adam4868

Guru
The good the bad and the queen were on at 6 ish love them ! Watched a bit of Stormzy with my son.Watched a bit of killers and Liam Gallagher going to watch the Cure tonight.Any music is a welcome change from shite tv.

Top Bottom