Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

indi

Regular
Hi folks,

Really been trying to find a pair of winter commuting gloves that come recommended. However, for every pair I find there are reviews that say they're not waterproof or that they don't keep your hands warm. I live in Glasgow so I need both.

I have a budget of £40. Can anyone recommend a good solid pair?

Thanks again.

Indi

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've never found any that are entirely waterproof, even if they claim to be.

When I was a kid and went out to play in the snow we used to put on Marigolds under our mittens to keep our hands dry.

This might not be the most useful post I've made today.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've never found waterproof either .. .so I've gone for warm and wet .. .and cheap ... that way you can have a dry pair to put on for the journey home! I've tried various expensive ones and they just didn't live up to their claims.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Castelli Diluvio Gloves or similar.... Not the warmest but you could always wear a glove liner inside. Supposedly windproof and waterproof as well as its made from the same stuff as scuba divers suits are. Might get a little clammy inside.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I got my Sealskinz mittens in a sale and they are warm and waterproof... BUT if you don't tuck the ends up the sleeves of your waterproof jacket every time they come out (checking your watch or whatever), the rain will run down your arm into the glove and then it'll be warm, waterproof and pretty wet for the rest of the ride!

rivers

How far can I go?
These will definitely keep your hands dry. But, you'll look like a smurf...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 18.11.27.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 18.11.27.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 54

jim55

Guru
There was a. Thread on Fb about this very thing today and endura get a good review ,endura fs 260 pro nemo ,and 27 quid read reviews the no il b getting them I'm in Glasgow too so know what ur talking about

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
There was a. Thread on Fb about this very thing today and endura get a good review ,endura fs 260 pro nemo ,and 27 quid read reviews the no il b getting them I'm going n Glasgow too so know what ur talking about

Exact same product as Castelli Diluvio Gloves but different colours!

Mrs M

Guru
I have Altura Progel waterproof gloves (down to £35.99 at Evans).
They are my warm winter gloves, nice and cosy but not sweaty :heat:
Had Sealskinz before and found them nice and warm but had clammy hands :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom