Go on then...how little exercise how you done over Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I approached Christmas with a determination to smash the Festive 500 and get loads of miles in over Christmas. Guess what, it didn't happen! A combination of bad weather, enjoying the warmth of the house too much and being busy. I've done about 60 km so far and have just been lazing around over the holidays so far, stuffing my face. I did play touch rugby this morning though and I am planning on a ride tomorrrow.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've cycled 100 miles in the last 7 days
And been to the gym once. I'll go again tomorrow. And try to cycle if the weather dries out
I'm also planning to cycle Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. Friday might be tricky with other plans

I've also had minimal booze, maybe a bottle of wine in total over the last 3 days!

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I've cycled 100 miles in the last 7 days
And been to the gym once. I'll go again tomorrow. And try to cycle if the weather dries out
I'm also planning to cycle Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. Friday might be tricky with other plans

I've also had minimal booze, maybe a bottle of wine in total over the last 3 days!
Sounds like you've done better than I have, although I did manage 125 miles last week though. 13 miles so far this week.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am trying to get in 200km a week at the moment. We went out on Friday and rode 30km which took me to 218km for the week. We have done nothing since as the weather is dreadful, even by my standards. We have done nothing since.

Getting in 200km this week will be a challenge if it stays like this.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds like @Welsh wheels is aiming for the leaderboard too :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Nothing since Friday. The bike doesn't fit in the car with presents and none of the towns where my family live have hire schemes yet... and anyway, the ones who cycle aren't cycling much right now because they're busy and all the shopping's been fetched and the time's best spent catching up with family anyway. Back home imminently and there'll be food needing fetching and places to go for work so I'll be rolling again soon enough.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'll admit to taking the van to work on Christmas Eve rather than ride, but I did a few miles yesterday and 25 miles this morning, so about my usual. All the challenge rides are done for 2017, and I'm currently struggling to plan the route for the first imperial 100 challenge ride in January.

Top Bottom