God but the '70s were beige

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

that's because there wasn't any youngster
The grumbling about younger people thread is thataway.

D

Deleted member 1258

Has anyone mentioned Party 7's yet? After one of those you definitely felt beige

Yes, I remember a work mate coming in in the morning looking decidedly green around the gills, all he would say was he'd had a can whilst watching the football. Later on in the day we got it out of him that He'd drank a 7 pint party can.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes, I remember a work mate coming in in the morning looking decidedly green around the gills, all he would say was he'd had a can whilst watching the football. Later on in the day we got it out of him that He'd drank a 7 pint party can.

I was actually too young to drink in the 70's, but the folks held a few parties every year. So the dregs were left lying about to be cleaned up in the morning. My introduction to alcohol . Watneys Party 7.^_^

raleighnut

Legendary Member
HiFi was cool in the 70s,

(2)%20Surround-sound-2-web.jpg

That's four QUAD electrostatic speakers each driven by it's own QUAD 22 valve amplifier (they're the 4 identical things behind the centre speaker), nowadays you set them up differently using a rack that mounts the panel loudspeakers one above the other, you'd have to spend £8,000 - £10,000 to buy that set-up 2nd hand. (and yes I've heard a set-up like that, a mate has got it)

U

User482

Lighten up FFS, or do you just hunt me out to prove you have no sense of humour
You should try using smileys, so I can tell when you're being funny.

pplpilot

Guru
Not all beige. I still have the original Lime Green and white kitchen in our house from 1972 complete with light green tiles. The whole thing looks like new. The lady we bought the house from had lived in it alone from new. It'll go when we start the extension this summer. Real shame to rip it out, it is in fantastic condition. When we moved in the whole of the upstairs was a psychedelic assault on the eye, the pink bathroom was especially horid what with the pink tiles, pink deep pile and pink woodwork.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5070447, member: 43827"]Don't take it personally,[/QUOTE]
I don't I deal with tools all day

Mr Celine

Discordian
In 1979s, we used to live next door to the Jonses. Mr Jones drove one of these, the full GLX:

View attachment 386284

Good on Mr Jones, for my first car I could only afford a 1600 XL:

scan0002.jpg

But my second car was top of the range, a 1975 2000E

goldie.jpg

Arizona Gold, brown vinyl roof, sand interior. Definately not a hint of beige.

Edit: I didn't own or drive either of these in the seventies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom