Going to have my gall bladder removed in an hour's time....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Done all that. I was sat with the nurses having a cuppa at half three, gobsmacked at the lack of pain.

Bad news is that my family have all got some horrific vomiting bug, so I'm probably better off here!
I'd mention that to the doctor. Can't imagine that vomiting + stitches would end well...

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'd mention that to the doctor. Can't imagine that vomiting + stitches would end well...
No, neither can I. Cubette was throwing up on Sunday so hard she now has petichiae rash round her eyes, poor thing.

If it's the Winter Vomitting Disease, it's best to stay well away from them.

It is highly contagious and lasts approx. 24 hours. Explosions from both ends at the same time. When I had it me and the girlfriend where in the bathroom together: one in the bath the other on the toilet. :eek:

Hope you are all back on your feet soon.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
If it's the Winter Vomitting Disease, it's beat to stay well away from them.

It is highly contagious and lasts approx. 24 hours. Explosions from both ends at the same time. When I had it me and the girlfriend where in the bathroom together: one in the bath the other on the toilet. :eek:

Hope you are all back on your feet soon.
:eek:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Sounds like you are better off in hospital for the moment Cubist!
... glad the operation went to plan.

ScotiaLass

Guru
It was supposed to be a day procedure and home for tea
So was mine, although the surgeon managed it by keyhole, I was in theatre for over 3 hours in the end. I was kept overnight and got sent home with a drain in.
They give you antibiotic cover in theatre as standard now, as well as painkillers, so you're nice and comfy when you wake up :smile:
I hope you're feeling okay

It was supposed to be a day procedure and home for tea
so was my past procedure (in the summer). I went in at 7am, they didn't operate until gone 6pm and the ward I was on had a policy of not discharging anyone until their blood test results were back. The result was that I was not discharged until 6pm the following day! I was so glad to be back home.
Hope you're still feeling good and home soon.

Top Bottom