Going to have my gall bladder removed in an hour's time....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A bit of advice on Codeine (3 months on 30mg 4 times daily after breaking my leg, then 2 months on 30mg up to 8 times a day after they 'swapped' the IM nail over) To avoid the 'corking' effect of taking it as soon as you feel the 'urge' to go for a poo......... go as soon as poss, or its on the laxitives.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
A bit of advice on Codeine (3 months on 30mg 4 times daily after breaking my leg, then 2 months on 30mg up to 8 times a day after they 'swapped' the IM nail over) To avoid the 'corking' effect of taking it as soon as you feel the 'urge' to go for a poo......... go as soon as poss, or its on the laxitives.
Ain't that the truth....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
All the best Cubist! Memories of NHS toilets are still painful, and very much fluid.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
So I have spent the last fortnight looking at my new bike. The pain from the op lasted about five or six days, and to be fair was never that bad. Enforced activities like looking after Cubester and Mrs Cube as they fired on both cylinders on the Novovirus all helped to make sure I was up and about far quicker than I expected. Imwent to a bonfire party on Saturday and Cubester's rugby match on Sunday, and as none of the associated beer came out of any of the holes on my abdomen I kind of assumed I was better. I therefore hopped on the turbo and discovered one of the stitches was tugging a bit, so I gave it a couple more days. Bored at home I have done a fair amount of cooking and shampooed all the carpets, but now Mum has been taken into hospital with pneumonia, so I slung the new Cube in the boot and drove down yesterday. I've just done a very pleasant 20 miler, doing a circular route of all the little villages involved in my teenage rides, Hampton, Eastcote, Barston, Temple Balsall, Balsall Common, Tile Hill, Berkswell, Four Oaks, Barston and back to Eastcote. The Cube was flawless, and I averaged 14 mph as I wanted to be a bit cautious and finish the ride. Not a glimmer of pain or discomfort. Looks like I'm back up and running! Hoorah!

ScotiaLass

Guru
So I have spent the last fortnight looking at my new bike. The pain from the op lasted about five or six days, and to be fair was never that bad. Enforced activities like looking after Cubester and Mrs Cube as they fired on both cylinders on the Novovirus all helped to make sure I was up and about far quicker than I expected. Imwent to a bonfire party on Saturday and Cubester's rugby match on Sunday, and as none of the associated beer came out of any of the holes on my abdomen I kind of assumed I was better. I therefore hopped on the turbo and discovered one of the stitches was tugging a bit, so I gave it a couple more days. Bored at home I have done a fair amount of cooking and shampooed all the carpets, but now Mum has been taken into hospital with pneumonia, so I slung the new Cube in the boot and drove down yesterday. I've just done a very pleasant 20 miler, doing a circular route of all the little villages involved in my teenage rides, Hampton, Eastcote, Barston, Temple Balsall, Balsall Common, Tile Hill, Berkswell, Four Oaks, Barston and back to Eastcote. The Cube was flawless, and I averaged 14 mph as I wanted to be a bit cautious and finish the ride. Not a glimmer of pain or discomfort. Looks like I'm back up and running! Hoorah!
Nice one! Glad you have made a quick recovery!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm sorry to hear about your mum - a GWS to her!

I'm glad that you seem to be healing rapidly. The area you cycled round is where I used to ride and @dave r still does. My memory is very sieve-like - you had probably told me that you came from round there, but if so, I had forgotten!

D

Deleted member 1258

Glad you're healing well, I went through Balsall Common yesterday on my way to Wellesbourne Airfield, I know that area well.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'm sorry to hear about your mum - a GWS to her!

I'm glad that you seem to be healing rapidly. The area you cycled round is where I used to ride and @dave r still does. My memory is very sieve-like - you had probably told me that you came from round there, but if so, I had forgotten!
I was born in Marston Green when it was still Warwickshire. We moved to Bickenhill when I was six, then Balsall Common when I was 11. All my formative years were spent there and my parents moved to Hampton when I went away to Uni. If you know Hampton well you'll be interested to know they bought the lodge to the manor that overhangs the Highstreet.

Mum now lives in a bungalow near Eastcote, she is not well at all, but at 89 is pretty stoical about the fact she may be on her final journey. Sister and I are going to have to find some nursing care for her, but that's another story.

Top Bottom