Gone like the wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That will definitely do it.

It's amazing what it takes to make us see what we are doing to ourselves at times. Some people never get that opportunity, or maybe they just never recognise it when it presents itself.
Or maybe (like me) they grew up with the thought of 'nuclear annihilation' happening at any time and just decided to have fun and feck the consequences :cheers:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Apparently, there's a national CO2 shortage. One of the two main UK manufacturers has closed their plant for maintenance and upgrade. T'is reckoned by the press that there will be a shortage of beer and fizzy soft drinks over the coming weeks due to this, and prices may rise as scarcity hits. Fortunately I brew my own, so no problems there, but it'll be interesting to watch society collapse as riots start over the last remaining case of Fosters.
If there's a shortage of fizzy drinks, it would be great for the health of millions of people.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Or have fun in sensible moderation.
Some of us are much more binary in our choices than moderate! :okay:

I am happy for there to be shops not far away loaded to the ceiling with shelves of chocolate, cake, biscuits, bread and cheese, booze and all of the other things that I have a weakness for. I can walk past the shelves without even thinking about buying the tempting goodies. Once they get as far as my house however ... :whistle:

If I had a packet of biscuits in the house, I would be taking 2 or 3 out with every mug of tea or coffee, then pausing and adding another 4 or 5 to the pile! The entire packet would go in less than a day.

If I bought a cake, I'd eat the whole thing in 2 or 3 sittings.

A 6-pack of beer isn't a choice of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 beers - it is 6 beers.

A medium loaf, a 200g pack of cheese, and a pack of cherry tomatoes isn't a few days worth of cheese and tomato sandwiches for several people - it is an evening cheese and tomato sandwich-fest for one.

As far as goodies go I am like Magnus Magnusson - "I've started, so I'll finish"!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Some of us are much more binary in our choices than moderate! :okay:

I am happy for there to be shops not far away loaded to the ceiling with shelves of chocolate, cake, biscuits, bread and cheese, booze and all of the other things that I have a weakness for. I can walk past the shelves without even thinking about buying the tempting goodies. Once they get as far as my house however ... :whistle:

If I had a packet of biscuits in the house, I would be taking 2 or 3 out with every mug of tea or coffee, then pausing and adding another 4 or 5 to the pile! The entire packet would go in less than a day.

If I bought a cake, I'd eat the whole thing in 2 or 3 sittings.

A 6-pack of beer isn't a choice of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 beers - it is 6 beers.

A medium loaf, a 200g pack of cheese, and a pack of cherry tomatoes isn't a few days worth of cheese and tomato sandwiches for several people - it is an evening cheese and tomato sandwich-fest for one.

As far as goodies go I am like Magnus Magnusson - "I've started, so I'll finish"!
I consider myself lucky if a packet of 'Hob-Nobs' last more than 25 minutes. :hyper: :hungry: especially after a 'cigarette' :becool: :whistle:

PK99

Legendary Member
Surely beer come out of a barrel live and hand pumped from the cellar? Is there another way? As to that well known cola company, a pox upon them and their house. Not a drop of that company's products have passed my lips in 20 years.

No! the best beer falls under gravity from a barrel.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Are we sure that there is a CO2 shortage and it's not just an excuse to put the price up?

Wiggle, Chain Reaction and Tredz are all showing stock, and in Aldi they've even reduced the price to clear old stock....:laugh:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5287580, member: 9609"]hmmm, a shortage of the main contributor of green house gases responsible for global warming[/QUOTE]

It's only CO2 wot was siphoned off when nitrogen is cracked from air, so no NET increase in CO2 emissions, aside from that related to the powering of the process.

Being anal (not like me ;) ) methane is 30 times more potent as a green house gas than CO2. So although by volume methane constitutes about 10% of greenhouse gas emissions it's actual contribution to the greenhouse mechanism far outweigh that of CO2, which makes methane the main greenhouse gas when measured by effect.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Cow farts are now illlega in California.
o-COW-570.jpg

The carbonated beverage sector is feeling the chilling effects of a shortage of food-grade CO2. Now two of my favourite on-tap cabonated beverages are off-tap until downstream supply-chain issues are resolved. A hot summer without John Smith and Strongbow is unthinkable.
Do any of you work in the carbonated beverage supply-chain sector? Poor you.

Top Bottom