Good bag to take my bike on the Eurostar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick1979

I'm wondering how the bike bags (like this one: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/dhb_Marsden_Wheeled_Bike_Bag_And_Wheel_Bag_Set/5360034155/) are padded.
I would like to take my brand new carbon bike with me but only if it's completely safe (that's why I avoid plane without a proper rigid box).
My understanding is you have to disassemble the bike, so is the frame resting directly on the ground or is there some padding to somehow protect it?
Any advice on a good bag?

Thanks!!

Archie

Errrr.....
If I were you I'd go for the CTC bike bag with plenty bubble wrap. Far cheaper and you can make sure the protection is where you want it.

OP
OP
N

Nick1979

Thanks, that sounds good. Is it possible to fold it when it's not used so that it isn't that huge when stored? (that's the main reason why I don't buy a hard case, it would take too much space in my smallish flat!)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
What I used was a cheap unpadded bag. Wheels out, seat post out, pedals off and any manipulation of bars needed to get them in (I just turned the forks through 90 degrees) The critical thing is to get on late and get the bike on top of all the luggage. Essentially, be the last one on with luggage, and the first to get your stuff off the rack.

peekay76

The padded bag doesn't fold unfortunately. The base of the bag is solid plastic to offer extra protection.

Top Bottom