Good hiding places for bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm lucky enough to have use of a (shared) secure metal shed at my work place. I still lock it up inside though in case some other plonker forgets to padlock the door.

One day as I was cycling round the village Miss Goodbody called out to me to come and try her warm dumplings. I had to hide my Chopper in her bush.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've always tried to be imaginative and a little devious when hiding bikes or valuables especially in hotels where there's no safe. If you look hard enough you can always find a nook or cranny where no thief would think of looking.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Following a nasty off I accompanied a friend by ambulance to Crewe A&E. The paramedics offered to put the bikes in the ambulance and when we got to A&E were allowed to put our bikes in an office (we only had cafe locks with us and my friend was on her first ride on a Pinarello Dogma ). When our third rider arrived she was shown through A&E to the same office!!

The NHS knows how to look after cyclists!!!

Ste T.

Guru
If you are ever in Southport there is a bike stand right next to Nero's on Chapel Street. If there is one thing bike stealing scrotes hate it is loads of people sitting at the outside tables having a coffee 6ft from them, staring at them as they approach the bikes.
It should be put into the planning regs for there to be a bike rack outside every Costa, Nero and Starbucks in every town.
They are by far the safest places to leave your bike.

OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Following a nasty off I accompanied a friend by ambulance to Crewe A&E. The paramedics offered to put the bikes in the ambulance and when we got to A&E were allowed to put our bikes in an office (we only had cafe locks with us and my friend was on her first ride on a Pinarello Dogma ). When our third rider arrived she was shown through A&E to the same office!!

The NHS knows how to look after cyclists!!!
Whenever I do a shift at A&E under the staircase leading up to the staff room is a sign saying not to leave bikes there. This conveniently means it is always free for me to put my bike.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Back passage is a good place to hide a bike

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It should be put into the planning regs for there to be a bike rack outside every Costa, Nero and Starbucks in every town.
They are by far the safest places to leave your bike.
It's in the Norfolk planning regs. Still doesn't happen. Partly because if the shop was already there, they don't need planning permission unless they're making big changes - and then we get the bike racks: Subway, Starbucks, and I'm sure there's plenty more but I don't remember which have clear streetview images.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
We have a bolted down Sheffield stand outside the office. I ride straight past it and wheel my bike in through the front door and lean it up near my desk.

Top Bottom